New Macan S MPG?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:37 pm My trip this weekend of 244 miles, mostly motorway, came in at 32.7mpg (calculated by filling the tank at the start and then on return)
Yes thats totally doable .. but it must of been hard work... gentle aceleration .. being overtaken by diesels and super minis.. and quite awful ..I've started just enjoying the Macan for what it is and not even looking at the mpg.. much better experience.. its not a economical car .. don't try to make it one ..Your spoiling it.
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

T4LGO wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:34 pm
Fairynuff wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:37 pm its not a economical car .. don't try to make it one ..Your spoiling it.
I could put my foot to the floor for 3 seconds and then slam the breaks on and repeat but I'm driving this car like I've driven all my cars and that's massively influenced by the road (safety), the traffic and the law and those constraints leave me (and you) with options of driving 'normally' or flooring it and then slam the brakes on then flooring it and braking . . I choose 'normal' driving with the occasional burst of speed when conditions allow and that delivers the mpg I am getting.
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Fairynuff

With you on that.................mine has only done 800 ish miles and is giving average 27.3 with best on 250 trip to midlands of 32.1.......and yes, i very much enjoyed the drive
pmg

Post by pmg »

I agree with the comments on a quick efficient but not stressful driving style making progress when traffic and conditions permit. I even managed 32 mpg on the 2 1/2 hour drive home to the South coast from PEC at teatime today. I did not have time to note the mpg actually spent whilst on the circuits at PEC!! but every enjoyable day.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MSUK

Post by MSUK »

Glad I am in line with you all.

My figures

23Mpg local runs and having "fun" :-)
27Mpg mixed driving, local and 30 mile radius
31.5Mpg on a long run to the Lakes / Peaks from South East, fully loaded up and with a roof box on (so under 80mph :-( )

Only 1900 miles on my Night Blue S so its just run in, but who buys their Porsche for fuel economy anyway!

MS
-------------------------------------
2019 Macan S, Night Blue, Agate Partial leather, traffic jam assist, turbo wheels, heated seats, sports steering wheel, heated screen, roof transport system. Nut behind the wheel loose.