Macan S two days post delivery

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rob400

Post by Rob400 »

I picked my new Macan S up thursday afternoon. My first impressions are:

Nice touch to arrive to my Macan cloaked with a cover and personalised plaque announcing my pickup.
Salesman was very efficient and helpful
Finance guy went for round 2 to sell over priced GAP, Body paint and Alloy Insurance. Thanks to this forum I've bought for half the Porsche quoted price.

Going form a BMW 340i I feel the new Macan is clearly a couple of notches above overall as a vehicle.

The BMW in liner straight six engine 3.0 was superb and has the edge over the Macan's V6 but....

Standard features more comprehensive. Automative folding side mirrors. Boat electrically opened and closed form door button etc.
Cabin higher quality. I'm glad I went for 18 way seat option.
PASM without Air Sus is more comfortable in normal mode over rough road surfaces and tome perfectly adequate.
PDK on a par with ZF for ratios and speed.
Steering is superb with spot on feel
Grip and balance outstanding and defies belief for a 4 ton SUV.
MPG on short journeys around 20mpg which is fine.
Latest slightly darker Volcanic Grey looks lovely.

Sports exhaust a plus with this engine to improve noise.
I'm glad I plumped for Panaramic roof for transmission of light and better residuals alone.
ACC recommended.

Happy days right now!

A3C6F897-04AB-4346-BCA7-588D0C7A9954.jpg

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome to Club Macan.

Engine feel will improve as the miles go by.

Just take it easy for the first couple of thousand as per the manual
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Congrats on the car Rob. These are the wheels I've now gone for + Volcano Grey. Two of these = 4 Tonnes :D
Rob400

Post by Rob400 »

Apologies. Lots of typos as didn't proof read my last post before submitting.

I am following under 4k rpm advise Col Lamb.. If the engine loosens up significantly this will be a superb all round drive!

You will love the wheels Rio. They look even better in reality.
Rob400

Post by Rob400 »

Hope you went for chrome pipes! they go great with our wheels.
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Rob, not reached lock down yet but was choosing black PSE. What do you think of the PSE? now it has the particulate filter, some have complained it has reduced the sound.
Rob400

Post by Rob400 »

I can't compare with the previous exhaust Rio because I haven't compared it, but it's ok. Not as throaty as I expected so I know were those opinions come from. Of course I'm running in at lower revs so that doesn't help me to come to a conclusive opinion. I based my decision to go PSE on several reviews strongly recommending it with the S. Not much we can do I suppose as the basic exhaust will surely have even less character. The 2.0L is just didn't have the surge in acceleration I wanted.......
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Great vehicle! Enjoy the ride!
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4