Turbo spec questions

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
adam b

Post by adam b »

I am in the process of buying a turbo 2015-7 and went to view a few of them today. I am confused by the usual never-ending Porsche spec and option permutations.

Were there any standard spec changes between 2016 and 2017?
Some had USB slots in the rear and some didn't - was this an option?
One 2015 car had £1100 leather interior option - are the dash and door cards really plastic without this?

anyone know of online brochures for Macan for those years
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

There were some changes from March 2016 deliveries known as MY17 (model year) mainly NAV and screen upgrade. The leather interior option is in place of the Turbo standard brushed aluminium finish to dash front and door cap inserts. Have it on my March 2016 Turbo in order to match the leather interior (pebble and agate)
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
adam b

Post by adam b »

Thanks for the reply but slightly confused.

I know the dash and door trim inserts come in a few finishes - as far as I can tell brushed aluminium and piano black were NCO and presumably carbon and dark walnut :shock: were cost options.

But this particular car had piano black trim and that £1100 leather (option code VK), now thinking this is standard C16 spec but was shown as though it was a cost option on the spec sheet with the paperwork - from memory there was about a £1000 difference between the option cost on invoice and the sum of option costs on the another page
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Mine is an MY17 car. If you click on the link in my signature you'll see the spec, which includes a list of what was standard at that time. IIRC Turbos had leather dash and door cards as standard.

If the cars you are viewing are at OPCs they should be able to print off a spec sheet which will include the added options.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Main criteria in the changes over original were new PCM including Car Play, heating controls in rear now standard, bluetooth standard, LEDs became an option, other minor trim changes,

Rather than beating yourself up over specs just ask at an OPC for them to call up the actual spec of the car you are interested in using the VIN number and you can see what is included on screen at the dealers. Having extras like Surround Cam, LEDs, connect+, and PSE are far more costly to include than some trim which is a low or zero cost option (walnut zero cost) whereas sports design packs are a few grand. Standard wheels btw were 19”. Hence it is very difficult to compare cars which are for sale since at the time a base Turbo was £65k and extras in the price range £6 - 20k would tend to have been added.

I suggest that you only consider newer MY17 models as it is pretty well specced to begin with.

The extras in my spec as you can see in my signature for my Turbo added just shy of £10k to the base price. Bling in the SD mirrors and Ally PDK gear lever cost me about £700.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

adam b wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:36 pm Thanks for the reply but slightly confused.

I know the dash and door trim inserts come in a few finishes - as far as I can tell brushed aluminium and piano black were NCO and presumably carbon and dark walnut :shock: were cost options.

But this particular car had piano black trim and that £1100 leather (option code VK), now thinking this is standard C16 spec but was shown as though it was a cost option on the spec sheet with the paperwork - from memory there was about a £1000 difference between the option cost on invoice and the sum of option costs on the another page
If the inserts are piano black it doesn’t have what is quoted as “interior package leather” I don’t recognise the cost ( was £956 inc VAT in March 16) when compared to my original invoice. As Nick and Col have advised, if it is an OPC used Porsche get them to print the spec for you.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Adam.

Following a link on those of us with a Turbo to see its configuration will probably not work since the Configurator has bern totally updated on models and prices.

I do have a PDF file of my build or if not the actual then one pretty near that I can email to you if you wish, simply pm me with your email address.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
adam b

Post by adam b »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:53 am If you click on the link in my signature you'll see the spec, which includes a list of what was standard at that time.

If the cars you are viewing are at OPCs they should be able to print off a spec sheet which will include the added options.
None of those links work anymore due to new model

Most of the cars I have seen are not OPCs
adam b

Post by adam b »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:11 am Main criteria in the changes over original were new PCM including Car Play, heating controls in rear now standard, bluetooth standard, LEDs became an option, other minor trim changes,
thanks - when were those changes introduced?
Col Lamb wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:11 am I suggest that you only consider newer MY17 models as it is pretty well specced to begin with.
Thanks but I have a budget that doesn't stretch to all 2017 cars, and I am buying on condition and mileage and spec, more than year of registration. I am not overly fussed about a slightly improved PCM or Car Play vs say Air+PASM and sports exhaust.

But I was interested in spec changes just to get a better idea of what I would be sacrificing by going for a low mileage 2015/6 car - hence my post
adam b

Post by adam b »

Answered my own question on the leather interior

option VF is "Leather lining on top side of dashboard, centre console storage compartment lid, seat centres, seat inner bolsters, front side of seat headrests, door panel armrests and door pulls in front and rear" which I think was standard on turbos even early ones