Smile, drive, enjoy! :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Just macan

Post by Just macan »

You got everything in the car....enjoy an absolute beauty and nothing else you need!
Congratulations :D :D :D
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

The SE will take you through all the controls, although you won't remember it all, certainly not all the connectivity stuff. They may suggest you go back after a week or two for a 'master class' on the finer details. That's up to you to decide if you want it.

Check the manual is in the glovebox. It contains lots of useful information if you read it. Clearly many don't judging by the questions posted on here!

Write down all the questions you want answered as it's easy to forget in the excitement of the collection.

Before I left the dealership I went over the whole car inside and out, inch by inch, checking for any damage, marks or defects. Panel gaps is one thing to check. Thankfully I found no issues but others have found things later which can be tricky, depending on your OPC. Most will be keen to ensure the customer is happy. If you're not used to checking over a car, try practising on the one you have now. If you are at all concerned about it, do you have a knowledgeable friend or relative you can take with you?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Money in Bank

Mobile phone fully charged (for taking images to post later)

Make sure it is in D before trying to move forward.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Try your hardest not to spend the whole experience grinning like an idiot. If you succeed you will have done something I've never managed in forty years of new cars. :D
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Decline the Gap insurance, decline the alloy insurance, decline the dents and scratches insurance . . . . . . .
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Makanik wrote: ↑Mon May 20, 2019 9:02 pm Decline the Gap insurance, decline the alloy insurance, decline the dents and scratches insurance . . . . . . .
Or get them to throw them in for free 😁
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
Rob400

Post by Rob400 »

Makanik wrote: ↑Mon May 20, 2019 9:02 pm Decline the Gap insurance, decline the alloy insurance, decline the dents and scratches insurance . . . . . . .
Spot on. I sourced the above from a reputable insurer for 50% the Porsche quoted price.

FYI ALA no longer insure bodywork or wheels. Still good for GAP.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Nuclear Nick wrote: ↑Mon May 20, 2019 7:45 pm The SE will take you through all the controls, although you won't remember it all, certainly not all the connectivity stuff. They may suggest you go back after a week or two for a 'master class' on the finer details. That's up to you to decide if you want it.
Thanks - I am expecting a steep learning curve in several areas and as it's a 50 mile round trip I have the day set aside to try and get it all in one go - we'll see.