Collecting the car - to do list?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Don't assume the SE knows everything about the car. When I took delivery of my Cayenne, the SE went to demonstrate the reversing camera in the showroom: nothing happened. He and a technician spent 30 minutes (the techie with a laptop plugged into the OBD) before one of them (I forget which one) checked in the manual and noticed that the camera does not come on until reverse is selected and the parking brake is released.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

VanB

Post by VanB »

Most members of the forum seem to know more about Porsches than the average SE!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:40 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:45 pm The SE will take you through all the controls, although you won't remember it all, certainly not all the connectivity stuff. They may suggest you go back after a week or two for a 'master class' on the finer details. That's up to you to decide if you want it.
Thanks - I am expecting a steep learning curve in several areas and as it's a 50 mile round trip I have the day set aside to try and get it all in one go - we'll see.
You pays your cash on handover and you are history.

The SE will not want to spend much time showing you anything more than the basics.

You can get the Good To Know App and then read the manual.

In any case a 50 mile round trip should not be any trouble at all for you will be driving a Porsche.

Enjoy your handover.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
djkentai

Post by djkentai »

On-Track wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:54 pm Don't assume the SE knows everything about the car. When I took delivery of my Cayenne, the SE went to demonstrate the reversing camera in the showroom: nothing happened. He and a technician spent 30 minutes (the techie with a laptop plugged into the OBD) before one of them (I forget which one) checked in the manual and noticed that the camera does not come on until reverse is selected and the parking brake is released.
love that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

My SE didn't know that you could adjust the stopping height of the boot when open. I got the directions from the Good to Know App and we had a go right there in the showroom, I def knew more than him. :lol:
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Makanik wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:02 pm Decline the Gap insurance, decline the alloy insurance, decline the dents and scratches insurance . . . . . . .
I was never going for any of this not least because I know the SE gets up to 50% of what is paid as his commission, The (scare tactics) sales pitch included . . .
1. You've got £15k extras on that car, If you lose the car (theft / write-off) your insurance company will only pay you the price of a base Macan less depreciation i.e. all extras are ignored.
2. You have 'N' rated tyres which means that if you get a puncture and you get it repaired your warranty is void, all 'N' rated tyres must be scarped and replaced when punctured.
Paul

Post by Paul »

😂
re point 2 above - I have had a plug in my n/s/f for the last 18 months / 15000 miles with not the slightest sign of a drop in pressure since.
Took out a fourth yr extended warranty including the full check subsequently with no issues whatsoever.
How does the SE in question imagine anyone is going to check a puncture repair.....?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Fairynuff wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:10 pm I was never going for any of this not least because I know the SE gets up to 50% of what is paid as his commission, The (scare tactics) sales pitch included . . .
1. You've got £15k extras on that car, If you lose the car (theft / write-off) your insurance company will only pay you the price of a base Macan less depreciation i.e. all extras are ignored.
2. You have 'N' rated tyres which means that if you get a puncture and you get it repaired your warranty is void, all 'N' rated tyres must be scarped and replaced when punctured.
Sounds like schoolboy tactics of someone desperate to earn bonus/commission and/or to impress the boss. :roll:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018