What do we all think then? First Impressions

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Admin 2

Post by Admin 2 »

A little pricier than what I thought - £13,500 above the base Evoque pricing. Still when you look at what you get it is reasonable and a Porsche! Options will bump it up to a 50k car. But I expect reliability will be fantastic compared to the Evoque.

Love the looks and that rear end really sells it for me.

In diesel form I think this will make a superb family car that you can have some fun with.

Really think this will sell like hot cakes

What are your thoughts?

Nasher

Post by Nasher »

Rear lights look lovely, not completely sold on the 'side blades' though.

I must have those 21 inch wheels.
Petrol S - Sold
Turbo PP - Sold
Next - 718 GT4?
Admin 2

Post by Admin 2 »

They were a surprise to me actually. Jury is still out on those..
Ranger 6

Post by Ranger 6 »

Well, priced mine to just under £53k - lets see what negotiations happen at home to take that up or down before the deposit lands on the dealers desk.

Having driven a Q5 recently I'm happy enough to order one without trying it. Just not sure about Sport Chrono(on a diesel) and Active Cruise to spend the extra money.
Admin 2

Post by Admin 2 »

From what I've read it is nothing like a Q5... One of the lead engineers said it is like comparing night and day and has been built in a similar way to how the Cayenne was using the Touareg platform.

The good news is if you liked and were happy with the Q5 then the Macan should only improve on that.

(Although they are bound to say that really!)
Ranger 6

Post by Ranger 6 »

Yes, I drove a new Touareg last year as well. My perception is that the Audi and VW are mainstream versions whereas the Porsche Cayenne/Macan are as if you'd taken them to the best tuners and had the suspension and brakes completely upgraded.