Hard to find Rhodium well specced Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
chrisd608

Post by chrisd608 »

johnd wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:50 pm I guess 2016 and 30K is not late model / low miles? I'll likely be selling in the next 3 months or so but not immediately.
Thanks JohnD for the post and for the details of your car. MIne is 2014 with 56k miles with lots of spec so not much point changing for yours. Will you be looking for another Macan diesel when you decide to change ?

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

chrisd608 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:05 pm I have found the car I want but it's in Sapphire blue. 2018 car with 6k miles but the OPC wants £ 58K. Seems a bit steep to me
Totally depends upon what extras were included but I agree it seems steep.

A base SD would have been c£46 and anything from £8k to £20k in extras could have been added.

Are you aware of the DPF issues than can exist with SD’s?

If you do buy an SD I suggest that you do so with care and with a full buy back if you suffer said DPF issues.

Do read up on DPF threads.

Good luck
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks like Chris already owns an SD, Col. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

chrisd608 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:05 pm I have found the car I want but it's in Sapphire blue. 2018 car with 6k miles but the OPC wants £ 58K. Seems a bit steep to me
£59k is the most expensive SD in the country!

Guildford have a Rhodium SD on 8k miles. Sept 18. Asking £49,995.
Simon

chrisd608

Post by chrisd608 »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:13 pm
Totally depends upon what extras were included but I agree it seems steep.

A base SD would have been c£46 and anything from £8k to £20k in extras could have been added.

Are you aware of the DPF issues than can exist with SD’s?

If you do buy an SD I suggest that you do so with care and with a full buy back if you suffer said DPF issues.

Do read up on DPF threads.

Good luck
Thanks Col, the Sapphire Blue car has air suspension, PASM, adaptive seats, but no pano roof.

I have had no problems with the dpf on my SD in 56k miles but perhaps the reasons for this are that I don't tootle about despite my advancing years and I am not often sitting in queues for hours.
chrisd608

Post by chrisd608 »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:28 pm
£59k is the most expensive SD in the country!

Guildford have a Rhodium SD on 8k miles. Sept 18. Asking £49,995.
Thanks Wing Commander for pointing out the Rhodium SD at Guildford OPC but sadly no adaptive seats. Can not understand why anyone would choose the comfort seats over the adaptive seats given the small price difference
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Could comfort seats be swapped for 18-ways?

Maybe find a Macan owner with 18-ways who’d prefer the 14-ways.

Some actually prefer the comforts to the 18-ways. ;)

Or maybe obtain 18-ways from a written off Macan?

This is all assuming it’s do-able to swap around 18s and 14s... :?
Simon

johnd

Post by johnd »

chrisd608 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:09 pm Thanks JohnD for the post and for the details of your car. MIne is 2014 with 56k miles with lots of spec so not much point changing for yours. Will you be looking for another Macan diesel when you decide to change ?
OK, understood. No, the replacement will be a new car but I just haven't made a final decision on exactly what. I really would prefer something a bit smaller and more nimble than a Macan for my next drive but it's really difficult to find a a compact 4WD SUV that fits the bill in being reasonably premium with Macan-like performance. Shortlist is:

1. XC40 T5 + Polestar

2. Q3 45 TFSI (but hoping for SQ3/RSQ3 to be announced sooner rather than later)

3. Evoque 300bhp.

Problem is that neither the XC40 nor Q3 have the same feel inside as a Macan and are slightly compromised in other ways too. The Evoque does have more of a premium feel but TBH is no narrower nor lighter than a Macan though it is a good 300mm shorter. And of course I don't need to mention the questionable LR build quality and reliability, though I might be prepared to run that risk if other parts of the spec were OK.

Overall, I seem to be looking for a niche of car that doesn't exist! If there was a Macan Junior with eg a transverse 2l/300bhp engine and better packaging then I'd have been first in the queue, but Porsche seem to have pulled that idea, for now at least. Clearly I'll need to compromise somewhere but just haven't decided quite where yet! Can't put off the decision much longer though.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

johnd wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:44 am
OK, understood. No, the replacement will be a new car but I just haven't made a final decision on exactly what. I really would prefer something a bit smaller and more nimble than a Macan for my next drive but it's really difficult to find a a compact 4WD SUV that fits the bill in being reasonably premium with Macan-like performance. Shortlist is:

1. XC40 T5 + Polestar

2. Q3 45 TFSI (but hoping for SQ3/RSQ3 to be announced sooner rather than later)

3. Evoque 300bhp.

Problem is that neither the XC40 nor Q3 have the same feel inside as a Macan and are slightly compromised in other ways too. The Evoque does have more of a premium feel but TBH is no narrower nor lighter than a Macan though it is a good 300mm shorter. And of course I don't need to mention the questionable LR build quality and reliability, though I might be prepared to run that risk if other parts of the spec were OK.

Overall, I seem to be looking for a niche of car that doesn't exist! If there was a Macan Junior with eg a transverse 2l/300bhp engine and better packaging then I'd have been first in the queue, but Porsche seem to have pulled that idea, for now at least. Clearly I'll need to compromise somewhere but just haven't decided quite where yet! Can't put off the decision much longer though.
As the owner of a perfectly spec'd Rhodium Silver Macan SD I completely understand your dilemma. I've only had my 2016 pre-owned car for 4 months but already projecting ahead to the end of the warranty in 2021 where I'll likely want to move on my (by then) 5 year old car. But what to get? Love my Macan and would almost certainly get a Mk2 Macan if they still did an SD. Can't see myself going for the Petrol S as I'm a fan of a torquey diesel engine in an SUV.

None of the options you have listed above will probably hold a candle to the Macan so I'm wondering what I'll do. Maybe the Audi SQ5 Diesel :?: but my life is now ruined by how much I love my Macan and the Porsche brand! Thankfully I have more than 18 months to figure something out. Then I'll probably end up with a Macan S petrol :D :lol:
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:18 pm Looks like Chris already owns an SD, Col. ;)
Yes Simon, I was writing my response when he posted about his current SD and did not see it.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags