Paint defects

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Very likely to be bird marks I would think. Yes they arrive all nicely protected but once unwrapped they are at risk or even sitting outside waiting for PDI process to complete it is at risk. I have seen plenty of cars sitting at my dealers with bird poo both new and used so they don't seem too worried about carefully cleaning it off asap. Get the dealer to sort it and if it is an easy fix they should agree no problem on such a new car.

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Bird lime can very quickly - a matter of 10s of minutes for some powerful stuff at this time of year (fruits berries etc.) mar a topcoat if not removed. Seagull sh1t is particularly aggressive
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Our SEAT Leon recently had what must have been a dump on the bonnet from a low flying albatross!!
it was huge....and needed removing asap.
So a large well water soaked micro towel was left on the affected area for 30 minutes.
Then the worst of the deposit hosed off.
Then spray car polish left to sit for a few minutes.
Then carefully buffed - to ensure no scratching.
Result = as good as new.

it would have been much more difficult to deal with if the Leon ws not regularly polished to ensure smooth panel surfaces.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The Autoglym bird wipes are great to have a box in the glove box. Make removal very easy and safe.
Col M

Post by Col M »

MCDK wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:19 pm The Autoglym bird wipes are great to have a box in the glove box. Make removal very easy and safe.
Blimey what type of bird do you go out with (light interior)? :shock:
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

There are lots of things I don't know but amongst the things I do know is that there has been no bird poo on the car since I've had it which means that it was on the car prior to the PDI and the people doing the polishing failed to do it properly and the QA people failed to QA it properly the result being my loss of confidence in them and my reluctance to simply let them T-Cut a layer of paint off it.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:50 pm There are lots of things I don't know but amongst the things I do know is that there has been no bird poo on the car since I've had it which means that it was on the car prior to the PDI and the people doing the polishing failed to do it properly and the QA people failed to QA it properly the result being my loss of confidence in them and my reluctance to simply let them T-Cut a layer of paint off it.
Just curious, if your reluctant to just lift the marr out what do you want them to do 🤔⁉️
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

MikeM wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:43 pm what do you want them to do 🤔⁉️
That is the question I've had to ask myself or to be more specific what can I reasonably expect them to do (which is a bit less than what I want) and having identified that I now believe I am almost there.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Be assured you want it buffing out - you DO NOT want it painted......................................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

bennachie wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:22 pm Be assured you want it buffing out - you DO NOT want it painted......................................
I know but the question is . . . how deep do they need to 'buff' and how much is that compromising the integrity of my lacquer protection?