Macan S 18 month review

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Marra

Post by Marra »

I’ve had my Macan S for 18 months now and thought it would be a good time to share some observations - the car has done around 11,500 miles. In no particular order;

[*] I still love the Volcano Grey which looks fabulous when clean and not too bad when dirty.
[*] The 14 way, black leather seats are without doubt the most comfortable ones I’ve ever had and still look pristine.
[*] The car still puts a smile on my face when I start it up and every time I drive it.
[*] I remain pleased with my choice of 19 inch wheels and PASM.
[*] I really like the infotainment system, it covers my needs really well - I have recently bought an iPhone and have started using Apple car play although as I have another “main” phone, I find myself listening to music from Apple Music stored on the phone through Bluetooth.
[*] I’m getting low 20s per gallon.
[*] I love the styling of the car but feel it’s a bit wider that it need to be - I still get nervous on narrow roads and of course I’m very selective when parking.
[*] The tyres seem to be holding up well.
[*] I have invested in a Chipex touch up kit and whilst the colour match is excellent I have had limited success in achieving an “invisible” repair despite following the instructions to the letter.
[*] For a car of the weight of the Macan, the performance is fantastic and the handling is brilliant.
[*] Apart from a very early coolant leak which OPC handled brilliantly, I’ve not had to visit them for any niggles or issues.
[*] The LED lights are fantastic although in auto they do come on in lighting condition whee I probably wouldn’t be switching them on.
[*] Best option chosen - heated steering wheel.
[*] Would bother again option - nothing.

All in all the car has been everything I wanted ( and expected) from my first Porsche. Superb versatility equally at home on the motorway, through town, winding roads or at the local tip (lots of dust sheets used). I remain completely satisfied and more than a little smug with my choice of car.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad you are happy with your Macan.

Your statement re the heated steering wheel is probably echoed by a large number of members here who also included said extra.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

Thanks very much for the report. I read so much about heated steering wheels. I really don’t understand the need for one but given the weight of positive reviews it’s now clear to me that I’m the one missing something!
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Nice review :) I have to say I absolutely love my Macan :D
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

PWMacan wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:41 am Thanks very much for the report. I read so much about heated steering wheels. I really don’t understand the need for one but given the weight of positive reviews it’s now clear to me that I’m the one missing something!
ha ha Time for me to get evangelical! :D So, this is my first Porsche and probably the best spec'd car I have ever owned, I bought it pre-owned so had no say over the spec but when I saw it advertised at my local OPC it seemed to have all the options I would wish for (and more - rear heated seats anyone?). I've never owned a car with a heated steering wheel but have a regular 5am drive which in the winter is not made more fun in a car with a freezing cold steering wheel. It seems to me if you're going to spec heated driver's seat then the heated wheel complements this perfectly; why have a warm bum & cold hands? And now I will never go back! :lol:
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great review. :D

I still love mine too :D :D
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Great review, Marra. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Pleased to hear that you’re so happy with your first Porsche! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Yes, likewise, after 22 months the now almost three year old girl still rocks. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0