Switch over of Warranty / Breakdown / Connect+

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
adam b

Post by adam b »

Bought my new turbo from a private seller on Tuesday, Insurance and Tax sorted (ouch!) and V5 sent.

What is the best process to complete vehicle hand over?
Best to wait till I get V5 in my name and then call Porsche UK (or local OPC?) to get warranty switched over, or does warranty stay with vehicle not owner so not required?
Is there breakdown cover for first 3 years and is that transferable?

Connect+ - there is a SIM in flap under PCM, would this be for Connect+ - do I call OPC to get this transferred to me?

Not sure of current Tracker status, its with Vodafone but I don't need it for insurance, and not sure I want it either.
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

When I privately bought a used Porsche, I just called up my local dealer, spoke to service and they flipped the warranty into my name immediately.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Re SIM under flap.

No need to contact OPC, contact the seller and ask them if it is a pre paid or subscription SIM.

If it is a subscription then they are paying and will want to cancel it or even the SIM back.

A pre paid SIM is loaded with data and you use it for in car WiFi and streaming services. EG I have a 12Gb 3 data SIM from MyMemory that cost c£29 and last for one year or until the DATA is all used after which time I buy a new SIM.

There is another hidden SIM that comes with the car that is active for two years to gives live traffic, updates, Google services and POIs after the free period it is c£120 a year. You will need to set up a user account with Porsche to enable this and other services, your OPC can help

For the Vodafone Service contact the OPC for advice, I do not use it
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
davewf

Post by davewf »

I sold my SD privately, the buyer just contacted the Service Dept at OPC and they changed their information to reflect the new person. Bio hassle at all.
adam b

Post by adam b »

Ok thanks all

Can I contact local OPC now or do I need to wait for V5 in my name?
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Now. No need for the V5
adam b

Post by adam b »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:16 pm A pre paid SIM is loaded with data and you use it for in car WiFi and streaming services. EG I have a 12Gb 3 data SIM from MyMemory that cost c£29 and last for one year or until the DATA is all used after which time I buy a new SIM.
Something like this?
https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g-tr ... -data.html

Are these the same thing but cheaper?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Three-UK-Sim-C ... 675&thm=10
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Three-UK-Sim-C ... 2305633696

Warranty and breakdown cover moved over. Awaiting OPC techie call back regarding Connect+ and that 2nd hidden SIM