Macan Reliability

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Every one of the issues quoted by Col above is correct but the question is what percentage of Macans are affected. My Macan SD is coming up for four years old and has covered just over 36k miles. Yes, the original transfer box failed but I have not experienced any of the other issues (touch wood).

It will cost more to buy through the "Approved Used" Porsche scheme but if you buy a Macan with a warranty then it will give you some assurance. At the moment I have no idea how long I will keep my Macan but I'm sure its replacement will be another one.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Mine has been good. Going in soon for some warranty work with an oil leak from the PDK - needs a seal replacing. Possibly also a leak from the cylinder head somewhere. This pales into insignificance when compared to my wife’s LR Discovery Sport. She likes it but the first one was so unreliable she changed it for another one (I know, she should have got something different) and that has a different set of issues, although less of them. She had an Evoque loan car at one point that had about 600 miles on the clock when a red light came on telling her not to drive. I would buy a Porsche if you have the choice. Ask about the history of the DPF if you get a diesel. Mine is fine and I haven’t had the dreaded light for about 17,000 miles now.
Argo

Post by Argo »

I had an Evoque for 4 years from nearly new, to be fair it never let me down but I got to know the service team at Guy Salmon pretty well fixing various things. Had my Macan SD two years now with no problems at all. Evoque should have been a lovely car but as others have said let down by quality issues.
jabcap

Post by jabcap »

Had my Macan SD for 4 years now, new transfer box after 2 years, just serviced with the update as well... no issues at all, no DPF problems so all good. Just done 48k Kms and still happy with it. Next car will most likely be another..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGY439W8
Spud

Post by Spud »

Andys wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:25 am Hi All,

Just need a bit of advice from Macan owners.
My wife wants to buy an Evoque but have heard too many stories of how unreliable they are plus I don’t like them. For the same money I could get a 2-3 year old Macan which I love but can’t afford an unreliable car. Have had my Mazda since new for 7 years without a problem but obviously not as exciting as a Porsche. So any feedback on the reliability of your Macan would be appreciated especially for older models.

Regards Andrew
Hi Andrew, I’ve had a Macan since 2014, I’m currently on my 4th, the first one was exchanged after 3 months due to various faults, since Dec 14 I’ve had a Petrol, Diesel and current GTS, No real problems very reliable, I did have the transfer box exchanged on the Diesel but apart from that trouble free motoring, it’s all personal preference but imho the Macan is far superior to the Evoque, I like Evoques but I do think in the long run the Macan would be the best option
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Argo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:12 am I had an Evoque for 4 years from nearly new, to be fair it never let me down but I got to know the service team at Guy Salmon pretty well fixing various things. Had my Macan SD two years now with no problems at all. Evoque should have been a lovely car but as others have said let down by quality issues.
I must have been lucky with my Evoque. I had it as a company car for three years from 2013 to 2016 before I began my Porsche adventure! To the best of my recollection, I had no issues whatsoever with it! :)

My Macan was also faultless, for the 4 weeks that I had it... ;) :lol: :oops:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I should have added in my first post.

3+ years of Macan ownership, both of an SD and a Turbo and ZERO faults of any consequence.

Minor issues

Juddering rear wiper on the SD, I swapped it for a Bosch, problem solved.

Two punctures.

One flat battery following a long layup.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Ran a Macan turbo for about 3 years. Don't recollect any issues with it. Had an issue with a rear wiper juddering (as mentioned above) but I got told to turn the wiper blade unit upside down and blow me, it cured the issue.
Cayenne is another story, that I really won't bore you with.
991.2 GTS4 running faultlessly and making me smile more and more with every mile.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

The only problem I have had with my 18 plate Macan GTS is that I find keeping it under the speed limit is a bit tricky. Thankfully my wife keeps her eye on the speed for me. 😉
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

30k with my Turbo, no issues aside from rear wiper judder, easily fixed and of course exhaust tips pitting and coloured wheel centres deteriorate, none of which affect the cars reliability. Still have deposit down for replacement Turbo once announced. Although starting to waiver as I am not sure the new engine complete with GPF and possibly more frequent service demands will be as good as my current 🤔 which is absolutely brilliant.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6