Crazy Main Dealer Trade in offers !

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Cant believe your moaning about the depreciation on a GTS ;)

I purchased a 15 Macan SD at 10 months old whilst the were top £’s and then the prices crashed following the governments announcement of the devils fuel, etc
Your depreciation is chicken feed hence my realisation is that it will be a long term ownership of mine as i’d be liable to punch an OPC salesman in the face following my asking for a trade in price :)
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D

Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Interesting point on OPCs and trade in prices. I paid quite a chunk on mine upfront and had a low monthly payment with a final payment on the PCP. 2 years from handing the car back and the trade in price is only £4k above the MGFV. I was going to pay the PCP off and keep but am now thinking *** it, I will just keep it for the 4 years, save my cash and let them have it back......
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

r1flyguy wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:42 pm Cant believe your moaning about the depreciation on a GTS ;)

I purchased a 15 Macan SD at 10 months old whilst the were top £’s and then the prices crashed following the governments announcement of the devils fuel, etc
Your depreciation is chicken feed hence my realisation is that it will be a long term ownership of mine as i’d be liable to punch an OPC salesman in the face following my asking for a trade in price :)
You might be surprised. My conversations with OPCs lead me to believe that SD values are quite good for SD cars with good spec.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
dvearn

Post by dvearn »

TheTraveller wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:08 pm That must hurt, wow. To be honest I've always been dead against having a car on finance, or PCP. But a friend of mine who's well into Porsche's and deals a bit, made a good argument for it, because of the monsterous depreciation of the cars in the first few years, especially now in this financial climate.
Sorry for daft question, but how does Financing help with depreciation?
Surely the residual value is the same whether financed or cash purchase?
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I ended up giving my px car away, literally gifting it to a relative rather than 'give' it to the opc for the px price they offered
stats007

Post by stats007 »

Surely the simple solution is to sell privately? I've never traded a car in for this very reason.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

dvearn wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:37 pm
TheTraveller wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:08 pm That must hurt, wow. To be honest I've always been dead against having a car on finance, or PCP. But a friend of mine who's well into Porsche's and deals a bit, made a good argument for it, because of the monsterous depreciation of the cars in the first few years, especially now in this financial climate.
Sorry for daft question, but how does Financing help with depreciation?
Surely the residual value is the same whether financed or cash purchase?
It was a quick hello on the phone dvearn. But what he was saying is that what is paid in finance, over say 2 years, will be less than what the car has been devalued by over the same period. I'm seeing him in Tame on Sunday, I will either get my head around it, or get his the same. Whether he was refering to straight finance or PCP, I'll find out.
rosino

Post by rosino »

Just to give you an idea of where the market is. If this is genuine this is a PP sub 60k with some pretty decent equipment.

When I see GTS privately advertised from 2016, ni warranty at 56k+...

Think it’s time to wake up and smell the coffee. Market is not where it was 9 months ago. At all.

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 3306424861
pmg

Post by pmg »

rosino wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:39 pm Just to give you an idea of where the market is. If this is genuine this is a PP sub 60k with some pretty decent equipment.

When I see GTS privately advertised from 2016, ni warranty at 56k+...

Think it’s time to wake up and smell the coffee. Market is not where it was 9 months ago. At all.

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 3306424861
Agreed when I was actively looking, something like that 9 months ago at an OPC would have been around £70k plus
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Crazy how prices have dropped,
Very low mileage cars with high spec seem to move quickly, low spec high milers seem to hang around and prices keep falling.

Not many buyers around in this climate at present
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66