Macan S order - sports design package query

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jason17

Post by Jason17 »

Hi all,

I'm new to Porsche and have my first sapphire blue Macan S on order with delivery expected in September.

I've spec'd the standard sports design package which obviously includes the body coloured rear diffuser and am just wondering whether I have made a mistake and should have gone with the gloss black sports design package as I'm not convinced that the rear of the car is going to look right. I've only seen this on the Porsche configurator so would be great to see any photos of a sapphire blue car with this included and to hear any views.

Thanks

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

The Macan to me does look better with the rear spoiler and side blades painted in the came colour as the rest of the bodywork, additionally it looks better without the chin spoiler.

There are probably quite a few on the forecourt at the OPC that have different combinations.

Additionally if you look through the members threads everyone is encouraged to post images of their Macans and there you are likely to find what you seek
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Taz

Post by Taz »

I had the rear spoiler painted in body colour and it made a huge difference and looked much better.

4B9B49CD-7814-43C3-8493-3345751E6350.jpeg

09F53704-74E5-48A6-A457-870AB189CE68.jpeg

So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
spook

Post by spook »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:50 pm Welcome.

The Macan to me does look better with the rear spoiler and side blades painted in the came colour as the rest of the bodywork, additionally it looks better without the chin spoiler.
IMO I Agree with Col Lamb and add sports mirrors to get rid of more black plastic.
:D
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

I like the gloss black spoiler .. its very colour dependant .. My ideal spec would of beenwith Mamba green would be gloss black spoiler, gloss black door handles, gloss black mirrors (I had mine wrapped) gloss black side blades, gloss black grill and front splitter (I like it) gloss black rear diffuser.. and yes gloss black Sport design mirrors are a must. its personal taste..

Screenshot_20190615-160146_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190615-160034_Gallery.jpg

Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
Jason17

Post by Jason17 »

Thanks for the comments and photos. In particular it is the rear diffuser around the exhausts that is worrying me. Sports design kit provides this in body colour i.e. sapphire blue and I'm just concerned there may be too much blue going on???
NSinc

Post by NSinc »

There are probably quite a few on the forecourt at the OPC that have different combinations.

Additionally if you look through the members threads everyone is encouraged to post images of their Macans and there you are likely to find what you seek
Interesting how subjective it is.... I actually think it looks much much better with the chin spoiler! Can't work out why anyone would spec sports design.... The only bit i think looks better is the rear diffuser. Shame you can;t spec just that!
2018 Audi RS3 480bhp (Nardo Grey)
2019 Macan S (Volcano Grey)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

NSinc wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 pm

Interesting how subjective it is.... I actually think it looks much much better with the chin spoiler! Can't work out why anyone would spec sports design.... The only bit i think looks better is the rear diffuser. Shame you can;t spec just that!
The reason I totally dislike the chin spoiler is that it looks like a Seventies after market spoiler, its an after thought of a design.

Had one on the SD, hated it then, still do.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

On the original Macan I thought the Sports Design package made a significant improvement to the front of the car. In the facelift model, Porsche has vastly improved the front of the base car; it actually takes loads of cues from the original Sports Design front. So you'd think the new Sports Design front would be a bigger improvement again, however I actually don't like it. There's too much body-coloured plastic in the bottom corners where the foglights used to be. To me, it looks rather ungainly. Even in the flesh, it looks less sporty than the standard front.

In summary, Sports Design was a must to me on the original car. However, on the facelift, I'd go for the standard front - I think Porsche has done a really good job of it.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
NSinc

Post by NSinc »

PaulR wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:29 pm On the original Macan I thought the Sports Design package made a significant improvement to the front of the car. In the facelift model, Porsche has vastly improved the front of the base car; it actually takes loads of cues from the original Sports Design front. So you'd think the new Sports Design front would be a bigger improvement again, however I actually don't like it. There's too much body-coloured plastic in the bottom corners where the foglights used to be. To me, it looks rather ungainly. Even in the flesh, it looks less sporty than the standard front.

In summary, Sports Design was a must to me on the original car. However, on the facelift, I'd go for the standard front - I think Porsche has done a really good job of it.
Yep. Exactly this. The sports design pack on the facelift looks LESS sporty than not having it. Very odd,
2018 Audi RS3 480bhp (Nardo Grey)
2019 Macan S (Volcano Grey)