Facelift 3.0s Exhaust Options

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
re66ell

Post by re66ell »

Hi all,

Since taking delivery last week of my new facelift 3.0s in night blue , I've now put a few hundred miles on it and what a car.

However, as it's without a PSE I'm finding it's very quiet. not something I'm used to in a Porsche.

Was thinking of either retro fitting a PSE or an after market exhaust to satisfy the craving for loud snap, crackle and pop sounds

Would welcome any feedback you may have on what exhaust you have on your facelift Macan 3.0s and your experiences of it.

Thanks

PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

Hi re66ell, not sure I can help as mine is still on order, but I agree with it your thoughts that it is unbelievably quiet (too quiet in my opinion). However I cannot justify the cost of the PSE so I’m just accepting it as one of those things.

On an unrelated note, do you have any pics of your car? We have a night blue with agate/pebble interior on order and would love to see some other examples to compare the cosmetic options!
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

re66ell wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:43 pm Hi all,

Since taking delivery last week of my new facelift 3.0s in night blue , I've now put a few hundred miles on it and what a car.

However, as it's without a PSE I'm finding it's very quiet. not something I'm used to in a Porsche.

Was thinking of either retro fitting a PSE or an after market exhaust to satisfy the craving for loud snap, crackle and pop sounds

Would welcome any feedback you may have on what exhaust you have on your facelift Macan 3.0s and your experiences of it.

Thanks
All aftermarket systems seem to be for pre facelifted versions. The trouble you have with the facelift version is that it is fitted with a GPF and the exhaust is an integral part of that. Not sure whether anyone has manufactured a solution to that and the existing PSE sounds a lot like a cosmetic addition doing not a lot! I know that with the SD there was very little in the aftermarket space because of the existence of the DPF. It required removal, and a bolt on system which was used to trick the emissions sensors that it was still there! I think Supersprint had one. But, they specifically stated that their system was for offroad use only. Removal of the DPF, obviously, is illegal. I would wager that removing the GPF is the same!

Best bet is to ask someone like DMS Automotive or Litchfield to see if they have a solution.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

re66ell wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:43 pm Hi all,

Thanks
You won’t get any “snap crackle pop” sounds with any Macan pre or post GPF. Have a Turbo with PSE and coming from previous NA 911 and Boxster S both were worlds apart in the noise dept from a Macan, Porsche are just preparing you for the inevitable ELECTRIC variant 😳😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
re66ell

Post by re66ell »

Thanks for your feedback.

Meanwhile as requested a few photos of my Macan

5BA2C5A5-4158-4C7A-900F-68BB75BFA266.jpeg

105F7491-B300-483C-B09B-132015F413FF.jpeg

C99E838F-97C8-41E1-BC5D-7C0ACC10C235.jpeg

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I suggest that you ring around OPCs with a distance you are willing to travel to see if they have a demo S with PSE and go and test drive one.

I drove a Turbo with PSE and found it sounded great but droned very badly and intrusively at a constant high speed, I drove for a few miles at 70 before switching it off. I certainly would not want to cruise any distance on a Motorway with PSE active. Hence why I am suggesting you check one out.

Not sure if non Porsche aftermarket ones would have the ability to be shut off.

One thing is more or less certain, aftermarket non Porsche parts will give you a lot of warranty hassle with Porsche.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
rosino

Post by rosino »

It was after crawling through all of the reviews that I decided to go for the PSE in the end as most reviews said standard standard muted at best.

Ok it’s not a Sportscars and I don’t need launch control, but I still wanted it to sound decent. So as I had already black tips selected i applied man maths and went for the full PSE instead.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Very sensible. PSE is a must.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I have a Macan S with PSE. It sounds great(!) but it doesn’t do backfire pops. As stated above, particle filter is in the way and would probably get damaged.

Somebody mentioned on this forum that because the body is very well insulated, the sound-track is artificially enhanced through the sound system.

So, you have a solenoid-operated exhaust flap to annoy the neighbours, plus a sound-box inside for your entertainment. Take one for a drive and decide yourself. I am delighted that I took the option.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Pivot wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:00 am
Somebody mentioned on this forum that because the body is very well insulated, the sound-track is artificially enhanced through the sound system.
I don't think Porsche do this.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA