Very overdue progress report

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 1213

Post by Deleted User 1213 »

Just over two years ago I was delivered of my Macan, following lots of helpful guidance from friendly folk on this forum.

I am really late with this, but you will probably be pleased to know I am very, very happy with my car. In fact, inasmuch as it is possible to fall in love with an inanimate object, I love my Macan :P. It's a beautiful looking thing and a dream to drive, especially on a run. So comfortable for a tall fella with a dodgy back.

I've done nearly 12,000 miles. I generally get 30-35 mpg, although that dips somewhat in stop-start urban driving. I've had to replace a rear tyre when I picked up a nail :( . I am especially glad I decided to delete the model name from the back: I really like having the boldness of just the word 'PORSCHE' on its own.

Probably the best experience I have had driving this car was when I went up Snake Pass from Glossop. It just purred up, taking the twisty nature of the road in its stride. Really enjoyable.

So, to any potential newbies reading this, I would say go for it.

VanB

Post by VanB »

Congratulations on meeting what I've been told is the average Porsche owner's mileage of c 6,000 miles per year!

Alll joking aside I think most people would agree with you that it is an excellent car and I'm pleased for you that you are enjoying it so much.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I’m planning on doing Snake Pass next week, but it’ll be in the 911. :D
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA