SPORT CHRONO OR NOT

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pickering85

Post by Pickering85 »

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am speccing an order now (hearing delays expected, another matter) I had chosen sport chrono package but am tempted to remove. What are the actual benefits and is it worth it? Forget the clock and steering wheel dial. I assume if you dont you still get the sport and sport plus buttons on the centre console?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Pickering85

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

You only get the sport plus button if you spec sport chrono. Otherwise it is only the sport button. I doubt whether sc is worth is although some on here love it. If you now get the steering wheel button, that is the biggest benefit and might make me spec it as the current centre console button is fiddly
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Sport button is standard. Sport + is part of Chrono. I believe it may have sharper accelerator response. It has higher rev threshold for change. Snappier change and a change to stability aids, not sure what though. Automatic selection of Sport Plus suspension when optioned together with PASM. Most of the above can be actioned without Chrono. There is a lap timer function.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Relates to phase 1 but comments are still relevant....

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6517&hilit=sports+chrono
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
pmg

Post by pmg »

The big change with Macan2 is the introduction of the steering wheel rotary switch giving easy switch between normal, sport, sport plus and individual which you can preset to say sport engine response plus comfort suspension or any combination of engine and suspension settings.

This was the deciding factor when I specified Sports Crono and I have not regretted it and use the switch regularly.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Meah. I have no\t used sport plus in the year I have had mine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I know, I know going to throw myself on the bonfire now.............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Our Turbo does not have Sport Chrono and we do not miss it. Hardly ever use the Sport mode to be honest, we just use the paddles to change down when needed coming out of bends or overtaking. But in the 2nd generation Macan I would probably spec the Sport Chrono because of the rotary switch on the steering wheel and the possibility to program an Individual mode.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Waste of money in an SUV. Hardly ever use it in my Cayman

Just put it in sport mode and use the paddles or just push the the gear lever over to manual at the flick of your wrist and then use the paddles
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
pmg

Post by pmg »

gtipirelli wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:30 pm Waste of money in an SUV. Hardly ever use it in my Cayman

Just put it in sport mode and use the paddles or just push the the gear lever over to manual at the flick of your wrist and then use the paddles
This comment ignores the effect on further changing the suspension in a Macan with air suspension or Pasm
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

I'm in the 'it's a waste of time in an SUV' camp. Sport is enough of a performance upgrade in my SD, whereas the Sport+ feels, well a bit silly. All revs/noise to no great effect.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S