Macan SD replacement - where next?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
lgb1969

Post by lgb1969 »

Looking to upgrade my 2017 Macan SD purchased cash for something more roomy in teh back for my two daughter (11&15).
Just shy of 30k miles and currently spec'ing a Cayenne e-hybrid for nearly £90k.
Not convinced this is the right answer though as won't get much of a benefit from e-hybrid but seems to be the only way of trying to improve the mpg to sensible figures whilst maintaining a large dose of driving pleasure,
Obviously a great fan of Porsche build quality and Macan handling so should i be looking at other manufacturers or go with an expensive upgrade which might be a huge compromise from what I have just now.
No right or wrong answer just looking for some advice either way
TIA
Les
MY20 Cayenne E-Hybrid S - Quartzite Grey Metal
MY17 Macan SD - Volcano Grey (Sold on)

paulmac

Post by paulmac »

If you are only doing 15k pa isnt the extra cost of fuel trivial compared to the purchase price?

I have recently been through the same calculation going from 60mpg VW to 30mpg Macan. Eventually decided that fuel was least of my worries at 10k pa.

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
pmg

Post by pmg »

Depending on your actual car use, i.e if few 200 mile plus long journeys - consider going full hog Audi Etron

Else consider Plug In Hybrid BMW X3 due shortly probably nearest drive to Macan and a bit more rear space
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Get smaller daughters :D :D :D

Keep Macan :D
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

^+1
I am surprised they need more room - what are they doing back there?! My 14 & 17 yr old boys seem quite happy with the space and the older one is about 6ft 2. I suppose they aren’t doing their hair and make up, but it might be easier to persuade them there is loads of space. If you really must have more, my wife loves her Discovery sport - but I wouldn’t recommend that to another forum member. I would never hear the last of it!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Maybe a low mileage Cayenne Diesel...?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
rikholland

Post by rikholland »

Try to find a low mile cpo’d Cayenne S Diesel v8 💪
PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

Try a Velar? Bags of rear room - looks cool, great tech and is decent in a straight line. Say goodbye to hooning it round the bends though...
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Test drive a 911 with them in the back. Then they will beg you to keep the Macan. This could of course backfire if you decide you rather like the 911...
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

I tried the new Cayenne and although it's bigger than the Macan it's also a lot more clumsy and the autonomous brakes were a real pain in the demo I had, they were actively interfering with the way I drive and must have been set to an unrealistically safe mode?

I'm not impressed with the etrons performance, or the general handling of most EVs I've tried, but if range is not a major issue than an I-pace may be worth a look as I liked it just struggled with a £70k price tag for a 200 mile range in real life.

James