Facelift Macan turbo vs Alfa Stelvio quadrifroglio

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
re66ell

Post by re66ell »

Evening all

Anyone have or driven the Alfa Stelvio quadrifolio ?

What you make of them ?

As I drove one earlier today and experienced first hand why it’s the fastest suv around the ring

Now not sure what to do, do I spec the facelift turbo or get the Stelvio on steroids.

What would you do, thoughts pls?

Thanks

Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

How about wait a little and drive the facelift turbo before ordering

I don’t think I could decide until they actually have them available to test drive

I think there is still speculation in what the specification will be on the turbo so could well be the new benchmark in this segment
Macan S delivered 2nd Sept 19: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNURCB9
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

Hi

First off both these cars are special and I would own either but below was only my thought's after spending a day with both.

I had a test drive the Alfa in question a few weeks ago then test drove a Macan S and although the Macan is over a second slower to 60mph the Macan felt nearly as quick I can only put it down to the PDK gearbox it also felt more of a special car with a better interior finish by far and clearer screen graphics etc and also a better ride (21s and PASM).

Looks are a personal thing and I could have gone for either but I enjoyed the noise of the Macan more (in normal settings), this was a surprise with the reviews stating the lack of noise, As an ex Ferrari owner I really wanted the Alfa to blow me away and was excited by the talk of a Ferrari California engine being modified and used and so on etc, I would have put a deposit down straight away, instead I ordered a Macan S with too many extras!!!

don't get me wrong the Alfa sounded nice and probably better but only in race mode and as you will probably know this turns off all aids in the car so in the normal mode it was no better and personally in normal mode I preferred the noise of the Macan. Just to say the test drives were in wet conditions and I didn't feel connected to the Alfa as much as the Macan also.

2 days later I saw on here the Turbo was coming out and rang the salesman who managed to get me a Turbo build for September which I think will feel at least as quick as the Alfa but be more of a special car and probably a better financial bet although we all know these things are not an investment.

If I was you I would wait for September/October (If above is true) for the Turbo then test drive them both back to back in the dry and wet and then decide, considering the price of the Turbo including extras this may sway you to the Alfa anyway.
jezzer

Post by jezzer »

Tested a Stelvio and whilst ride was good, seats weren’t as comfy, stereo was awful, graphics poor, a bit plastic inside and residuals aren’t going to be anything like a Macan. But it does look good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pmg

Post by pmg »

jezzer wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:57 am Tested a Stelvio and whilst ride was good, seats weren’t as comfy, stereo was awful, graphics poor, a bit plastic inside and residuals aren’t going to be anything like a Macan. But it does look good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Autocar clearly prefer the Macan over the Stelvio

Code: Select all

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/porsche/macan/first-drives/porsche-macan-s-2019-uk-review
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8