Brake caliper mismatch

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Charliemonkey

Post by Charliemonkey »

Must be a “feature “ on 2.0 Macan, mine is the same. Like you RickZ I have only just noticed after nearly 4 months!!!

I must agree that for the cost of the car they should get them to match.

Whilst on the subject of 2.0 Macan, does your oil temp take ages to warm up relative to the water temperature.

It did not take as long on my previous GTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Charliemonkey wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:02 pm Must be a “feature “ on 2.0 Macan, mine is the same. Like you RickZ I have only just noticed after nearly 4 months!!!

I must agree that for the cost of the car they should get them to match.

Whilst on the subject of 2.0 Macan, does your oil temp take ages to warm up relative to the water temperature.

It did not take as long on my previous GTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charliemonkey at last somebody after my own heart who doesn't get the mismatch. I'm not sure on the oil warming up I'll check it next time I'm out...
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I had a base out today as a loaner. The calliper mismatch is a bit strange. The car I had out was quite new and already the fronts were discoloured with dust or something. It actually looked like a duff paint job.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
nickinnorthill

Post by nickinnorthill »

I quite agree with you. My base level Macan has black calipers all round, but the front ones are now white with oxidisation after four months. No action from my dealer who just says that the rear ones are from Audi and better. Not impressed.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

¿ variety is the disc colour of life? :lol:

Or ask your OPC.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Does anyone else think the white callipers on the facelifted Turbo aren't as nice as the red ones? I appreciate white signifies the surface-coated brakes, which are standard. Also makes me wonder what brakes the facelifted GTS will come with. The previous one more-or-less coming with the same red callipers as the previous Turbo.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

PaulR wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:10 pm Does anyone else think the white callipers on the facelifted Turbo aren't as nice as the red ones? I appreciate white signifies the surface-coated brakes, which are standard. Also makes me wonder what brakes the facelifted GTS will come with. The previous one more-or-less coming with the same red callipers as the previous Turbo.
I had a cayenne coupe thingy as a loaner for a couple of days the other week which had the white calipers and surface coated discs. The calipers were seriously huge. I thought the white looked ok, only with silver wheels though. The surface coated discs are a great idea.

I don't know if it was the huge calipers (not sure how many pistons they have), the special discs or over servo'd but the brakes just felt either on or off...very little modulation.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

AndyC160 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:10 pm I don't know if it was the huge calipers (not sure how many pistons they have), the special discs or over servo'd but the brakes just felt either on or off...very little modulation.
Porsche has fixed the on/off issue on the Macan's surface-coated brakes with newly-designed pads. These new pads are also available for retrospective fit to Cayennes that still have the old on/off grabby ones.

I do like the red callipers on my GTS, especially behind the black wheels. So kind of hoping the new GTS has red callipers. That said, brake dust is the bane of my life, so the surface-coated brakes are appealing.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Agree that red calipers look good...White calipers behind black wheels would look awful!
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

I agree RED is best but any are better than hybrid radioactive green 🤢
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6