Wireless CarPlay

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JamienBermy

Post by JamienBermy »

Ordered our Macan S this weekend! We have a bit of a wait tho...

Has anyone been able to connect their iPhone wirelessly and get Car Play to work? I have seen this mentioned on US sites, but nothing in the UK.

Thanks

happy days

Post by happy days »

Nope. Only works when hard wired, at least on my cars, that is.
Macan S D
718 S
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

My OPC tells me the function is turned off in UK cars......... some rubbish about interfering with official comms
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Mind you........this is the same OPC who will not hard wire my new dash cam until I sign a contract to agree that the installation may affect my Porsche warranty ??????
systech

Post by systech »

Wireless Car play is certainly foreseen in the Apple specs and I believe is now offered in some of the latest BMWs. However, it does not appear to have been enabled yet in the latest Porsches...but maybe and hopefully we will see a software update at some point to enable it as it's certainly much more convenient that connecting a bloody cable all the time
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

As I said in earlier post.......not allowed in the UK.......Works fine in the USA though
JamienBermy

Post by JamienBermy »

Thanks all for your responses.

Was that inteferring with Porsche Official Comms? or Emergency services!? Seems odd that its allowed in the US and available on other UK cars.

I have emailed UK Porsche - will post their response if i get an answer.

I have Carplay with a cable on current car, which means I hardly use it, or forget to plug phone in before I start the journey
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Am told its UK Emergency services!! I have a XS Max which will not fit in to space for phone if cable is connected?
jkwade

Post by jkwade »

Wireless Carplay is available in BMW. I had a new G05 X5 M50d on demo and that had it. Struggling to see how it can be a UK regs thing if BMW certainly have it
TH17ROW

Post by TH17ROW »

I have an XS max and fits in the holder, but had to buy a right angled lightning cable

The wireless only works through Siri buy pressing the voice command button on the top left stalk (end) - holding it in for a few seconds and Siri will appear in blue wiring on the screen (top right) the iphone actually sees it as Siri - as the car symbol comes up on the screen..

I actually prefer it using wireless as the sat at can be full screen and you can program the diamond button to “next track” which can’t be used when in car play mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk