Chips / Scratches

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Just looked at the Chipex site and they guarantee a paint match (colour and quality) I will call the OPC and ask what they have but I like the promise of colour match and it also comes with brushes and all the other bits.

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Fairynuff wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:12 pm ' how/where do I buy metallic volcano grey touch up paint?
OPC service desk, should be £17.95. Just give them your reg no and if your lucky they will have it behind the counter. Although Chips Away albeit more expensive will repair it invisibly.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
VanB

Post by VanB »

You will not get an invisible repair with Chipex despite the fact that it is a very good product. At the end of the day you pays your money you makes your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

I have used ChipsAway in the past on my M3 and they did a great job. You couldn't see the repair at all. It is a franchise so really does depend on the person doing the repair but they guy who did my repair was very experienced. They will come out and quote for free so nothing to lose really.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

Cost of removing bonnet, filling, sanding, respirated and full XPEL wrap plus new logos on boot £4159 inc.

I decided I didn’t want different finished look on bonnet and sides. Also, country lanes involve squeezing the fat boy into hedges to avoid boy racers in 911’s, tractors and mad van drivers coming the other way.

The car looks amazingly shiny and require v little polishing. 🚙

Worth it IMO if you intend to keep the car until you go electric... 10 years?
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

If it was me, and I've been down this road. Avoid having the whole door panel painted, as 99% of the time, it's never a 100% paint match. And where the demarcation points are, ie the panel gaps, the difference will be striking. My panel has been blown over, to blend in with surrounding paint, and it's very much undectectable to the untrained eye. IMO thats the route to go down, whoever does it.
adam b

Post by adam b »

Where do they have reviews of the various Chipsaway franchises please ?
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Ive used chips away to repair a scuff, they did not spray the whole panel and offered my money back as the guy wasn’t happy with the repair, it looked good to me, so paid and was happy.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
dvearn

Post by dvearn »

what did you end up doing?
I've got a 5mm scuff (appears to be through the clear coat) where the Window Cleaner accidentally rested his ladder against the wheel arch?
I sent this pic to local Chips Away and they suggested a DIY job using Dr Colour Chip :shock:

paint scuff.jpeg

VanB

Post by VanB »

That looks like a perfect candidate for the Chipex treatment. Whilst you will never achieve a perfect finish you also won’t notice it unless you look really hard for it and it’s in an unobtrusive place too.

Good luck!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate