New SQ5?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

PaulR wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:58 pm There's one reason alone I cannot ever buy an SQ5. Fake exhausts. Sorry Audi, I will never buy a car with fake exhausts on it. Never ever.
Don’t look too closely at the new Porsche 992 then! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:16 pm
PaulR wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:58 pm There's one reason alone I cannot ever buy an SQ5. Fake exhausts. Sorry Audi, I will never buy a car with fake exhausts on it. Never ever.
Don’t look too closely at the new Porsche 992 then! ;)
Fake exhausts make me cringe. The standard exhaust tips on the 992 are fake, travesty, but the sports exhaust tips are real. I have seen quite a number of 992s now and every one of them had the sports exhaust.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Such a shame, I laugh when I see cars in traffic with quad exhaust pipe-tails, but with my lights on, I can see a thin single plumbing-size real exhaust pipe right behind a chrome finisher.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:16 pm Don’t look too closely at the new Porsche 992 then! ;)
Yes, I nearly cried when I first saw them. However, the real exhausts are at least pointing towards the oval tips, so most of the exhaust gases will pass through them. So, while not great, they're more acceptable IMO. The fake exhausts I really hate are the ones that are stuck on the back of the car that serve absolutely no functional purpose whatsoever. For people who want to look the part, but aren't bothered about being the part...
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ ...maybe like folks who paint their standard brake calipers in red or yellow... 😬
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

Having seriously looked at a Diesel SQ5 3 years ago, and opting for the one below (3.0 V6 Diesel Q5 instead), I can categorically say, not a chance!

I’ve upgraded to a Macan Diesel now, as the new shape Q5s are ugly as hell (in my humble opinion of course!) :)

The Q5 (even the SQ5) tips (body roll) on corners far more than the Macan too.

So, if you like the new (horrible!) shape Q5s and want straight line speed, but worse handling, then go for it ;)

On a side note: with a decent TDI tuning box, I’d imagine the Macan Diesel would be an SQ5 Diesel beater :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Noggieboxa

Post by Noggieboxa »

By co-incidence, I'm looking to go the other way. I currently have a Sep 18 Q5 3.0D S-Line (with all bells and whistles) and want to change it for a Macan D - very soon. Maybe there's an outside chance of some sort of swap? If it looks like potentially being a 'thing', please PM me and we can discuss further......
Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

Noggieboxa wrote:By co-incidence, I'm looking to go the other way. I currently have a Sep 18 Q5 3.0D S-Line (with all bells and whistles) and want to change it for a Macan D - very soon. Maybe there's an outside chance of some sort of swap? If it looks like potentially being a 'thing', please PM me and we can discuss further......

Exactly what I did!

Well, I upgraded via a trade in, but didn’t do a swap (very different price point on used Q5s versus used D Macans).

You have the exact car I had, before getting my Macan mid June.

Best car decision I ever made :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk