2 Adults and 2 Kids

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Are you sure your not confusing the Macan with a 911. Even it would be fine for kids so young. The boot in a Macan isnt the largest but there's certainly no lack of rear seat room for adults let alone kids.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I have just bought my Macan after owning 9 BMW’s, my kids are older but they love it. My daughter used to get car sick, but in the Macan I can drive for half a day without any complaints from the back.
From my experience I really cannot see you will have any issues with child seats at all.
Enjoy the car when it arrives, they are very special.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

My husband is 6' 2" and when his (passenger ;)) seat is in a really comfy position my daughter says there's enough room for her, she's 5' 4". When you look it does look really tight but she feels that there is plenty of room, I think looks can be deceiving.

The rear facing seat in the photo posted does look tight, and I find that the Macan is much wider than the other cars I've had (Sportage, BMW 1 series) and if you have a clip in carry seat you may find it a tad tight getting the seat in and out as the door opening gap isn't too generous. Although, remember they won't be in that rear facing position for too long so you could probably put up with it. As soon as they are forward facing it would be better although bear in mind that their feet won't be in the footwell but most likely pushing up against the back of the seats.

I must admit, that as much as I would've loved my Porsche earlier in my life, the state of my Sportage with my kids from 4yrs old to 11yrs was minging, although I was ferrying them ALOT and I would've been crying if it had been my pride and joy. :lol: Now they are 11 and 13 things are a lot better, they're not in it as much anyway but are also better at clearing up after themselves, not dropping crumbs and cr*p everywhere and know not to put footprints on the back of the seats or the angry mother will be unleashed! :twisted:
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
Just macan

Post by Just macan »

More than enough...in fact it would be ideal space for you four in your description.
I am 6ft, the Mrs is 5.6 ,and son 6.2 in the back ...all in comfort though I omitted the sunroof spec as it takes about 4.4 cm from the roof height and affects the back passenger more. My son now sits in the back with plenty of space and about 4.5 cm headroom.
Enjoy your new macan....absolutely fantastic car to drive.