Macan Turbo re-sale figures

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
rosino

Post by rosino »

MikeM wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:30 pm Interesting view on the facelift, I have a replacement Turbo on order, declined the offer of a dealer stock unit as the config and price was blind but unless there are some interesting changes to colour and spec additions, the facelift just hasn’t changed enough in my opinion to merit the swap. We’ll see 🤔
Exactly my thoughts. Don’t get me wrong I ordered a new S before the emission related delay debacle. But that was mostly to get my perfect spec.

But when I can get a turbo with all the bells and whistles for less than a new S I didn’t hesitate a second. Especially given the changes are minor at best. Light bar and wider Nav not enough to make up for lack of character from the engine and price difference.

As said before the changes are nowhere near enough IMHO to bring it up to latest tech standard anyways especially if that means having to deal with a dulled down powertrain.

I had the .1 infotainment in my .2 gt3 and actually found it perfectly adequate now that it supports apple car play. If they had done a complete overhaul like Mercedes did with the GLC going full electronic dash and mirrored the cayenne set up then it would have been a different story.

Rigger

Post by Rigger »

“she would only want the new shape and now when she sees another one she looks at the back and says “oh look an old one ! 😂

I guess that says it all......... there is no difference from the front or the side and 99% of the populaon wouldn’t have a clue whether it was new or old...... especially with a non year related plate on.
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Rigger wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:02 pm “she would only want the new shape and now when she sees another one she looks at the back and says “oh look an old one ! 😂

I guess that says it all......... there is no difference from the front or the side and 99% of the populaon wouldn’t have a clue whether it was new or old...... especially with a non year related plate on.
Lack of front fog lights and in the case of ours with the PDLS, it has Chinese looking DRLs according to our dealer compared to old ones
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

I’d guess the biggest difference will be invisible to the eye. The engine.
3.6 litre in the “old” versus a 2.9 (?) litre in the “new” one. Also the added particulate filter in the facelift. That, and the cost convinced me to keep the “old” one for a while yet, even if it’s got less horses. [emoji56]
I do like the new infotainment system though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
adam b

Post by adam b »

Was pleased to hear the new turbo unit is now 2.9 and obv comes with the new filters which mute the exhaust note.

Aim to keep my 2017 Turbo for a number years and whilst the rear light bar looks crisper I suspect the 3.6 will be more characterful which will more than compensate. The infotainment system is more than adequate for my needs.

To the original point, I also decided some years ago to never buy a new “normal” car (by which I mean all cars except limited edition RS and the like which can go for overs) to protect from the depreciation hit. My turbo was sensibly priced in today’s market and was 24k off list price.
Higher spec cars will depreciate more eg the cost difference between a Bose car and a Burmester car is almost zero (but all things being equal the Bur car will sell first)
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
adam b

Post by adam b »

adiii wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:12 pm I recently asked my dealer to value my Feb 2018 Turbo as I have a 992 S coming very shortly and plan to part-ex it. Anyway, to my horror he came up with 51k..I questioned this and it went to 53k..Again I was unsure because I had seen various Turbo's with similar mileage & spec going for 65k+, a couple even 70/72k.
I sent him my findings from Auto Trader asking him how it could have depreciated 27k from new! He went away and a few days later after another email he said he believes they valued the car harshly and so 55k is the region its in.
That's still 23k.
Does this sound right, its only done 8k.
The few I saw on Auto Traders were Porsche dealers.
Yes that sound right, 55k means sticker price of 63/4K which they then sell for 61/63 in today’s market. The ones priced at 70 wont sell for that I suspect.

I was looking at 2017 cars and bought a high spec car with same miles as yours for a price that fits the pattern I describe

good luck with the sale - I think a good private advert on pistonheads and here priced at 58 (accept 57) would be the best bet
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
NSinc

Post by NSinc »

Tracky wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:54 am My Mrs is far from a snob (she is happy to drive the Leaf most of the time) however when we ordered her Macan she said if she was going to get one she would only want the new shape and now when she sees another one she looks at the back and says “oh look an old one ! 😂
This is EXACTLY what my wife does!!!!! :lol:
2018 Audi RS3 480bhp (Nardo Grey)
2019 Macan S (Volcano Grey)
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I bought my GTS in September last year and knew when I bought it the value would drop a lot more quickly than my first 2. On that basis this one is probably going to be a long term keeper. Apart from the colour, the other reasons I like it are the fact it doesn’t comply to the new emissions regs and it has a Porsche designed and built engine rather than an Audi one. Small things and probably not significant for some but 2 reasons it makes the car for me.

I do like some elements of the new car especially the new screen but not the rear light bar or the lower front bumper. It’ll be interesting to see what the new GTS will look like and while I know it’s likely to be more powerful and faster I can’t help feeling it’ll be quieter and loose some of the old car’s character. We’ll wait and see.

As a side note, I’ve started to come to the conclusion that the new car is the start of VAG basically selling the same car with the same running gear with different cloths and badges. Case in point is the new Lamborghini Urus that’s basically a Cayenne coupe but for twice the money or more. I know this is inevitable but the net result is brand dilution and falling desirability at least from my perspective.

And while I know some will say that the Macan was always basically a Q5 you are of course correct but only to a certain point. If you consider that the old car is more Porsche than Audi while the new one is more Audi than Porsche. This won’t get any better in the future although you’d hope that Porsche engineers will still be able to breathe their magic on the cars they make.

Either way I hope everyone who has been fortunate enough to own one in whichever guise continues to enjoy them.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I bought my GTS is September last year and knew when I bought it the value would drop a lot more quickly than my first 2. On that basis this one is probably going to be a long term keeper. Apart from the colour, the other reasons I like it are the fact it doesn’t comply to the new emissions regs and it has a Porsche designed and built engine rather than an Audi one. Small things and probably not significant for some but 2 reasons it makes the car for me.

I do like some elements of the new car especially the new screen but not the rear light bar or the lower front bumper. It’ll be interesting to see what the new GTS will look like and while I know it’s likely to be more powerful and faster I can’t help feeling it’ll be quieter and loose some of the old car’s character. We’ll wait and see.

As a side note, I’ve started to come to the conclusion that the new car is the start of VAG basically selling the same car with the same running gear with different cloths and badges. Case in point is the new Lamborghini Urus that’s basically a Cayenne coupe but for twice the money or more. I know this is inevitable but the nets result is brand dilution and falling desirability at least from my perspective.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Taz

Post by Taz »

I am replacing my Macan Turbo with a new Cayenne S within the next 7 days. I will let you know what my view is regarding the engine, its response and the exhaust note.

By the way, my local OPC has given me a really good deal - hats off to Porsche Wolverhampton again.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021