Macan Turbo re-sale figures

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Miopyk wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:45 pm I bought my GTS is September last year and knew when I bought it the value would drop a lot more quickly than my first 2. On that basis this one is probably going to be a long term keeper. Apart from the colour, the other reasons I like it are the fact it doesn’t comply to the new emissions regs and it has a Porsche designed and built engine rather than an Audi one. Small things and probably not significant for some but 2 reasons it makes the car for me.

I do like some elements of the new car especially the new screen but not the rear light bar or the lower front bumper. It’ll be interesting to see what the new GTS will look like and while I know it’s likely to be more powerful and faster I can’t help feeling it’ll be quieter and loose some of the old car’s character. We’ll wait and see.

As a side note, I’ve started to come to the conclusion that the new car is the start of VAG basically selling the same car with the same running gear with different cloths and badges. Case in point is the new Lamborghini Urus that’s basically a Cayenne coupe but for twice the money or more. I know this is inevitable but the nets result is brand dilution and falling desirability at least from my perspective.
The Urus is based on the Q7's chassis whilst the Cayenne Coupe shares the Q8's. I think you'll find that brand dilution because of this partivular issue is an overplayed card. There are huge amounts of differentiation between brands. I'm quite sure VAG has it under control!

Component sharing is inevitable in higher volume models (ie SUVs, hatches and sedans) and you'd commit economic suicide if you didn't do it. You don't see the 911, the Cayman or the Panamera sharing their underpinnings on anything else and, by the same token, nor do you see an Aventador's anywhere else.

rosino

Post by rosino »

Taz wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:36 pm I am replacing my Macan Turbo with a new Cayenne S within the next 7 days. I will let you know what my view is regarding the engine, its response and the exhaust note.

By the way, my local OPC has given me a really good deal - hats off to Porsche Wolverhampton again.
👌🏻👍🏻
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Mind you the Cayman and 911 were/are platform sharers - ahead of the 'B' post anyway.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

rosino wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:01 am
Taz wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:36 pm I am replacing my Macan Turbo with a new Cayenne S within the next 7 days. I will let you know what my view is regarding the engine, its response and the exhaust note.

By the way, my local OPC has given me a really good deal - hats off to Porsche Wolverhampton again.
👌🏻👍🏻
What’s the really good deal? Are you able to share?
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
pmg

Post by pmg »

Miopyk wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:42 pm I bought my GTS in September last year and knew when I bought it the value would drop a lot more quickly than my first 2. On that basis this one is probably going to be a long term keeper. Apart from the colour, the other reasons I like it are the fact it doesn’t comply to the new emissions regs and it has a Porsche designed and built engine rather than an Audi one. Small things and probably not significant for some but 2 reasons it makes the car for me.

I do like some elements of the new car especially the new screen but not the rear light bar or the lower front bumper. It’ll be interesting to see what the new GTS will look like and while I know it’s likely to be more powerful and faster I can’t help feeling it’ll be quieter and loose some of the old car’s character. We’ll wait and see.

As a side note, I’ve started to come to the conclusion that the new car is the start of VAG basically selling the same car with the same running gear with different cloths and badges. Case in point is the new Lamborghini Urus that’s basically a Cayenne coupe but for twice the money or more. I know this is inevitable but the net result is brand dilution and falling desirability at least from my perspective.

And while I know some will say that the Macan was always basically a Q5 you are of course correct but only to a certain point. If you consider that the old car is more Porsche than Audi while the new one is more Audi than Porsche. This won’t get any better in the future although you’d hope that Porsche engineers will still be able to breathe their magic on the cars they make.

Either way I hope everyone who has been fortunate enough to own one in whichever guise continues to enjoy them.
The new Macan S V6 is a Porsche engine rather than an Audi one as within the VW/Audi group Porsche engineers have responsibility for all the development of Petrol V6s. The only thing Audi is about it is the 1st vehicle it was placed in happened to be an Audi. Any change in character is more due to emission regs than branding. Noise is a form of waste energy (Newton's law and all that) and makes a car less efficient.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

pmg wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:22 am
Miopyk wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:42 pm I bought my GTS in September last year and knew when I bought it the value would drop a lot more quickly than my first 2. On that basis this one is probably going to be a long term keeper. Apart from the colour, the other reasons I like it are the fact it doesn’t comply to the new emissions regs and it has a Porsche designed and built engine rather than an Audi one. Small things and probably not significant for some but 2 reasons it makes the car for me.

As a side note, I’ve started to come to the conclusion that the new car is the start of VAG basically selling the same car with the same running gear with different cloths and badges. Case in point is the new Lamborghini Urus that’s basically a Cayenne coupe but for twice the money or more. I know this is inevitable but the net result is brand dilution and falling desirability at least from my perspective.

And while I know some will say that the Macan was always basically a Q5 you are of course correct but only to a certain point. If you consider that the old car is more Porsche than Audi while the new one is more Audi than Porsche. This won’t get any better in the future although you’d hope that Porsche engineers will still be able to breathe their magic on the cars they make.

Either way I hope everyone who has been fortunate enough to own one in whichever guise continues to enjoy them.
The new Macan S V6 is a Porsche engine rather than an Audi one as within the VW/Audi group Porsche engineers have responsibility for all the development of Petrol V6s. The only thing Audi is about it is the 1st vehicle it was placed in happened to be an Audi. Any change in character is more due to emission regs than branding. Noise is a form of waste energy (Newton's law and all that) and makes a car less efficient.
Well I'm quoting Car Magazine from June 17 here but of course they could be wrong:

"There’s a new engine strategy within VW Group. Responsibility for V6 engines is being concentrated at Audi’s Neckarsulm facility, where 2500 engineers are charged with developing both the Vee engines and fuel cell technology, under the direction of the recently appointed Dr. Franz Bäumel. Responsibility for V8 petrols now lies with Porsche, with both marques – and one assumes others within the VW Group such as Bentley and Lamborghini – tuning the engines to their own characteristics.

As for noise, if you buy a Porsche surely part of the experience is the noise it makes otherwise you might as well buy a Tesla.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

+1 about the appeal of a ‘noisy’ Porsche! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:22 pm +1 about the appeal of a ‘noisy’ Porsche! ;)
Oh yes, how are the mods sounding? There's something scintillating about a flat 6 at full chat with minimal damping 8-)
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Sounds awesome! Hoping to go for a proper spin at the weekend and hear the engine howl near the top of the rev range! :twisted:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
rosino

Post by rosino »

Miopyk wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:20 pm
Well I'm quoting Car Magazine from June 17 here but of course they could be wrong:

"There’s a new engine strategy within VW Group. Responsibility for V6 engines is being concentrated at Audi’s Neckarsulm facility, where 2500 engineers are charged with developing both the Vee engines and fuel cell technology, under the direction of the recently appointed Dr. Franz Bäumel. Responsibility for V8 petrols now lies with Porsche, with both marques – and one assumes others within the VW Group such as Bentley and Lamborghini – tuning the engines to their own characteristics.

As for noise, if you buy a Porsche surely part of the experience is the noise it makes otherwise you might as well buy a Tesla.
That was indeed my understanding.