Getting noise from a diesel 3.0.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Damightyzee wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:43 am
Cheshire Cat wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:10 pm Why buy a Diesel if you want noise from the exhaust? Get the petrol or drop a V8 in, that would be fun.
Costs way more.
How much is the Supersprint exhaust? £2,000 or more I fancy, plus it will be illegal without a DPF. Not sure what the insurance or warranty situation would be either. I have an SD and frankly I'm glad not to hear any noise unless it's a V8 petrol of course. :roll:
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Damightyzee wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:00 pm
Kleynie wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:52 am I have the sports exhaust option and it sounds fantastic (for a diesel). So much so that I find myself turning the stereo down
Do you have a video by any chance?
I am away from the car until Monday, I’ll see what I can do after then.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:10 pm Why buy a Diesel if you want noise from the exhaust? Get the petrol or drop a V8 in, that would be fun.
I got the diesel as I had a BMW 535d before and liked the torque and laziness of the Diesel engine. Let’s face it, we aren’t driving sports cars, just a mid size SUV which deserves a high torque Diesel engine.
It was just luck that the one I found had a sports exhaust, I didn’t go out specifically to look for one, but glad I have it.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.