Gen 2 Macan S or Gen 1 Macan GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
rosino

Post by rosino »

NSinc wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:30 am This is funny to read.. All the people with pre-facelift Macan's are unsurprisingly making out that they're not bothered about the new tech, and the engine is soulless etc etc..... Of course they're going to say this. Happens on every forum with every marque. You wouldn't admit to yourself you'd rather have the facelift, and if you have the facelift (of any car) you'd not say you'd rather have the pre-facelift. You're going to back what you have.....

It's all down to personal preference. Do you want the newer car, with better tech and more current rear end? Or the older looking car, previous model, looks dated now, but with slightly better performance and engine? Comes down to what you prioritize really!
I could have gone for either. Actually had gone for the .2 S. But the more I looked at it and the more I researched the less convinced I got. Engine being dull, sound being dull all saved by the big screen.

In the end I would have taken delivery regardless don’t get me wrong as I wanted my perfect spec but when the option came to cancel and instead go for a Turbo .1 generation i opted for that without too much regret.

Just think a nicely optioned .1 might be better value for money as the days of depreciation free Macan are long gone. And the new one is not new enough to have people queuing at the dealership door. Just phone any dealer and they will have stock Macan S available. Often specc’ed with the school run in mind rather than driver focus but they are there. Which for the previous generation would not have happened. Brexit and all that.

Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

Interesting take on it from Wing Commander.
I’m pretty sure if you parked .1 & .2 beside each other on a forecourt, 99% would pick the gen 2 simply because of the rather good looking rear end with the new tail light.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

NSinc wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:30 am This is funny to read.. All the people with pre-facelift Macan's are unsurprisingly making out that they're not bothered about the new tech, and the engine is soulless etc etc..... Of course they're going to say this. Happens on every forum with every marque. You wouldn't admit to yourself you'd rather have the facelift, and if you have the facelift (of any car) you'd not say you'd rather have the pre-facelift. You're going to back what you have.....

It's all down to personal preference. Do you want the newer car, with better tech and more current rear end? Or the older looking car, previous model, looks dated now, but with slightly better performance and engine? Comes down to what you prioritize really!
“You wouldn't admit to yourself you'd rather have the facelift” 🤔 Really ⁉️😂😂
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I must be in the minority for thinking the newer rear end looks wrong, I much prefer the old style rear lights.
As mine is a 2017 with updated screen/nav/software, I cannot for the life of me see what the bigger screen brings, apart from better looks perhaps, the functions seem to be the same.
At the end of the day everyone is different and not everyone will prefer the newer model, but given no price difference I think the majority would go for the face lift to ensure good resale value
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Engine sound alone would entice me into a gen 1. The gen 2 S I had as a loaner was as quiet as a church mouse. Great if you want a limo-like ride, less great if you want something that sounds like it drives. I no longer own a Macan either and do largely agree with WingCo.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Thinking about this, with no offence intended to new car owners, I think I prefer the 991.2 to the 992 (having just been to my local OPC) and I’d prefer a pre-facelift Macan GTS to a post-facelift Macan S (probably similar power). This may be partly because I’m no fan of tech and I prefer the slightly more analogue/raw approach. Hence my manual transmission! 🤔 A sat nav and DAB radio is pretty much all I require from my car’s infotainment, and I much prefer the interior of my current car to my previous one (2017 Panamera 4). ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:35 pm Thinking about this, with no offence intended to new car owners, I think I prefer the 991.2 to the 992 (having just been to my local OPC) and I’d prefer a pre-facelift Macan GTS to a post-facelift Macan S (probably similar power). This may be partly because I’m no fan of tech and I prefer the slightly more analogue/raw approach. Hence my manual transmission! 🤔 A sat nav and DAB radio is pretty much all I require from my car’s infotainment, and I much prefer the interior of my current car to my previous one (2017 Panamera 4). ;)
Spot on again. I thought exactly the same when I saw the 992 at the OPC. In fact, in some ways, wish I had bought a 991.1 with the N/A engine but I absolutely love the 991.2 so not complaining
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Ha ha now we have 991 owners ‘slagging’ of the 992!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tracky wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:43 pm Ha ha now we have 991 owners ‘slagging’ of the 992!
Not at all. It’s a lovely car. :)

I’m just perfectly happy with my 991.2. :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Absolutely not “slagging” the 992. I posted elsewhere that the cabin is a lovely place to be. I just prefer the more analogue feel of the 991 which is personal preference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk