Gen 2 Macan S or Gen 1 Macan GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
DazGTS

Post by DazGTS »

I've got a deposit down for the next GTS , having already had the current model GTS I just hope they can make it as entertaining, otherwise il be looking for a nicely specced used model. The features of the facelift model are very appealing to me but the Audi sourced engines have taken the shine away!

ianst

Post by ianst »

PaulR wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:52 pm In Autocar's review of the facelift Macan S:
I can see plenty of Macan owners driving this car and electing to keep their deposits dry for a GTS or a Turbo. By current fast 4x4 standards for straight-line shove, the Macan S just isn’t quite cutting it.
Will a facelift GTS, if there is one, give that much extra shove with the extra 10 or 20bhp? doubt it
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

DazGTS wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:56 pm I've got a deposit down for the next GTS , having already had the current model GTS I just hope they can make it as entertaining, otherwise il be looking for a nicely specced used model. The features of the facelift model are very appealing to me but the Audi sourced engines have taken the shine away!
Also on the list. However, as time goes on, I might end of keeping my current GTS. I cannot help but think the refreshed GTS will be available too near the the launch of the all-new second generation Macan. As nice as the GTS will be, I suspect it will be Porche's last hurrah to make a few sales on the first generation. On that basis, I'm not convinced I'd change to car that's based on a six to seven year old design, months before all all-new model arrives.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

^^ Although it will likely be be last petrol Macan, which may or may not be a good thing! Probably very bad for depreciation. But maybe good if you plan to keep it a long time, and stick your fingers up at the world, as everyone else moves to electric cars!
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS