E10 Fuel

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

I heard a story on the radio this morning that the government are going to require fuel companies to move from E5 to E10 fuel. (i.e 5% to 10% bioethanol) as part of their carbon reduction plans.

Having arrived home I thought I would search what Porsche had to say about this and it would appear that many of the older models are not compatible.

https://www.porsche.com/uk/aboutporsche ... 23-classic

Even though modern vehicles will be ok I think this will be another good reason to favour 98RON where ever I can in my P cars.

Do we have any fuel experts following the forum who could comment further whether E10 will be good , bad or indifferent for our performance cars.

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981

rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

You do know depending on where you live even 97Ron will be B5?

Ethanol is bad really bad for old bikes with plastic tanks but all cars & bikes have been designed to run on B10 for ages
Tesla 3LR
Macan SD gone :-(
997 C4S gone :-(
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I noticed a couple of weeks ago the Shell V Power is now 99 RON. Mind you it was 101 in Germany a couple years ago!

Are they driving up the RON in preparation for the greening?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Virtually all cars have plastic tanks............................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
VanB

Post by VanB »

rossman999 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:38 pm You do know depending on where you live even 97Ron will be B5?

Ethanol is bad really bad for old bikes with plastic tanks but all cars & bikes have been designed to run on B10 for ages
Isn’t B10 the biodiesel equivalent of E10? Certainly not going anywhere near my car!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate