Climate Control

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

amac wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:08 am The noise of the aircon was, and still is, one of my biggest complaints about the car.
Have you got plenty of vents open?

If it's trying to push a lot of air through a small hole any system will be noisy.

My OH often messes with the controls and complains about the noise; it's not quite the same as her 996.

Had a long drive after lunch yesterday in the full sun and it was quiet after the first 5 minute cool.

Great system; I was a little bit cold on auto at 21C plus seat vents in 31C sunshine.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab

MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

bennachie wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:28 pm Well, after being a little underwhelmed by the performance of my climate control, I 'discovered' the 'air-con' control in 'settings' and turned it from 'normal' to 'strong' . What a difference. Proper cooling/heating of the cabin.

Why did it take me a year to do this? I don't know.................... A bit like who would want it on 'soft'? Normal is default and not good enough......

Is it only me?
Thank you for this!! I have always found (on previous cars aswell as this one) that although my climate control is set to auto 21degrees, when the blowers have been going for a while I get really chilly hands and end up turning down the blowers on my side. I know I could reposition them but the majority of the time they are fine and I like feeling the cool air. So finding this setting has meant I can turn down from Normal to Low and voila they are not too strong for me and I don't have to turn them down! They still blow hard when it's hot anyway but once the car has cooled they run along nice and quietly doing there thing. Hooray!
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I had forgotten about this setting. Have turned mine up for the moment. Thanks
pmg

Post by pmg »

I looked where my setting was today and initially on the middle one. With 29 degrees outside, I put it on the strongest and it easily coped with 32 degrees it was away from the coast just north of the South Downs.

I have regularly done the same trip. turning the aircon strength up did have an impact on MPG. On the middle setting, I regularly get 25mpg plus sometimes 27mpg. today it was 23mpg.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^
I suspect more to do with the temperature differential than the speed of the blower fans.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

bennachie wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:28 pm Well, after being a little underwhelmed by the performance of my climate control, I 'discovered' the 'air-con' control in 'settings' and turned it from 'normal' to 'strong' . What a difference. Proper cooling/heating of the cabin.

Why did it take me a year to do this? I don't know.................... A bit like who would want it on 'soft'? Normal is default and not good enough......

Is it only me?
I never knew that. Mine struggled in the recent hot spell. I had 39.5c on my car outside gauge. Mine will be on strong forthwith.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
mjrennie

Post by mjrennie »

I didn't know about it until I read this. Just back from France where Strong was very useful. Thank you.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

:D
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'