Dozens of annoying things about...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Chilgrove wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:08 pm Nuclear Nick my brakes have been like this from day one. I have more or less become used to it now so it does not bother me too much otherwise I would have called for a warranty claim. My car is now 3.5 years old and I do not use the brakes very much. (Discs hardly worn at all).
Sometimes not using the brakes very much can be the problem! Have you tried the hard applications? Did you mention it at the beginning or prior to the 2yr/20k service?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Chilgrove

Post by Chilgrove »

I have not tried the hard application and I am not sure if I could do that to my bonny car. I think I did mention the grabby brakes initially and for a while they were better but now they are just as they were at the start. Has anyone else noticed brakes being "grabby" when driving at a crawl? Anyway it does not really bother me now. Pre facelift car by the way.
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

Totally agree about the absurd ‘look at me’ engine volume when starting the GTS. I DO NOT want my neighbours to be woken up when I try to sneak out early at 05.30.

Is there no way of stopping this absurdity?
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Macadam wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:04 pm Totally agree about the absurd ‘look at me’ engine volume when starting the GTS. I DO NOT want my neighbours to be woken up when I try to sneak out early at 05.30.
Even the standard exhaust on my S was very loud on start up, but for only about 25/30 seconds, then nice and quiet. Fortunately I never needed early morning starts and it was parked well awy from neighbours. I did enjoy the sound everywhere else though. The exhaust on my new BMW (6cyl 3ltr petrol) is the same, it's growing on me.

I have a 30 sec video made in an echoey underground car park but can't upload the .mov (quicktime) file. Any ideas how to upload it? When I go into 'add files' it's greyed out.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Macadam wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:04 pm Totally agree about the absurd ‘look at me’ engine volume when starting the GTS. I DO NOT want my neighbours to be woken up when I try to sneak out early at 05.30.

I don’t think the start up noise can be reduced, as switching PSE on/off during those first 30 seconds or so seems to make no difference to the volume.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
davewf

Post by davewf »

I think the excess exhaust noise is the car a) idling high and b) warming up the Cat. I have noticed my neighbours Mini does exactly the same.

Doesn't bother me at all .
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Excess air injected to warm acts - the boxers are exactly the same. I thought I was going to lose that when I changed. Pleasantly surprised that was not the case.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

Thanks WingCo. I feared that might be the answer. My neighbours are a little old to be woken at 05.30 by the sound of a ‘Spitfire’ warming up. Can they really be that old?

When somewhat younger the sound of my Norton 650 used to give me a thrill. Sadly I have since grown older myself!

No choice then but to start off an hour later and er, make up the time.