New car drive home first opinions

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

Hi, long drive home prom pickup and first impression..
Great ride quality.
As 2.0t find the sport chrono boost button brilliant. Possibly a necessity with this engine?
Don’t understand why the handbrake doesn’t go on automatically when engine turned off?
Yellow interior lights awful and already changed.
Miss my reversing camera
Love google maps.
No individual setting for sports exhaust.
Handling defies physics.
Absolutely love it though just a few initial thoughts

Shame Porsche de tune the engine from its standard 300bhp in Audi Q5 and will probably chip it. And before you say should have bought the 3.0 it wasn’t an option for me

Marksy

Post by Marksy »

Congratulations! Is the light change simple? I nearly got the light comfort pack but didn’t.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Enjoy your new car.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Light pack and heated seats were the only options my navigator wanted.

She was appalled by the prospect of no light over her mirror!

It will be interesting to hear how the chipping goes, I'm hoping to delimit a vehicle on Friday if the kit arrives.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

It amazed me too that Audi often have a more powerful engine that could surely have been used.
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

Marksy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 am Congratulations! Is the light change simple? I nearly got the light comfort pack but didn’t.
NO....lol

Cheap enough though at a tenner for 10
Boot and glovebox are simple.
Rear reading lights and overhead console are hard. Plus the clips either get lost or broken. Had to order new console ones this morning at 14 quid , but have since found out even dealers have to fit new ones as impossible to remove without bending them. So order them first.
Looks amazing though as old yellow ones look very dated. Bonus was as easy install of dashcam to wiring and plenty of space behind console.
Rear lights again a pain as clips come off unit and slide down, but recovered 4 out of 6 enough to reattach.

Overall quite disappointed with build that makes it so hard to change bulbs which can easily fail.
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

ScotMac wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 pm It amazed me too that Audi often have a more powerful engine that could surely have been used.
It IS used!
Just that Porsche deliberately de-tune it to stop it competing with the 3.0
Marksy

Post by Marksy »

Pacemaker wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:15 pm
Marksy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 am Congratulations! Is the light change simple? I nearly got the light comfort pack but didn’t.
NO....lol

Cheap enough though at a tenner for 10
Boot and glovebox are simple.
Rear reading lights and overhead console are hard. Plus the clips either get lost or broken. Had to order new console ones this morning at 14 quid , but have since found out even dealers have to fit new ones as impossible to remove without bending them. So order them first.
Looks amazing though as old yellow ones look very dated. Bonus was as easy install of dashcam to wiring and plenty of space behind console.
Rear lights again a pain as clips come off unit and slide down, but recovered 4 out of 6 enough to reattach.

Overall quite disappointed with build that makes it so hard to change bulbs which can easily fail.
Thanks for letting me know! Does the light comfort/LED pack still use yellow does anyone know? Or do they fix this problem?
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Congrats on the new car!
Pacemaker wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:27 am Don’t understand why the handbrake doesn’t go on automatically when engine turned off?
In a similar fashion, it would be nice for the handbrake to come automatically on when stopped. Would save me flicking the switch up every time I stop at lights etc.
Pacemaker wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:27 am Shame Porsche de tune the engine from its standard 300bhp in Audi Q5 and will probably chip it. And before you say should have bought the 3.0 it wasn’t an option for me
I'm intrigued - so will ask why it wasn't an option for you? Especially as your car sounds pretty well specced, and you're thinking about tuning up. So I infer cost wasn't a factor.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Pacemaker

Post by Pacemaker »

Needed a car straight away and this one was available. Only 3.0's available were very high speced and 10k more.