1st world problem - choosing a Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Clive wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:19 pm Many of us are softer with our dogs than with our kids!

Another beautiful dog.
Indeed. I’ve never hit the dog :lol:
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

Clive

Post by Clive »

It's been traumatic as I found out that the option to factory install sockets in the roof behind the front seats is not available for Gen 2. I went back to the BMW dealer and sat in a new M40i which is nicer than my 35D but the quality is sill nothing like the Macan.

Despondently I made my way home, I then looked for other dog transport solutions, there are solid crates available though not that big for our monster, it's possible to get something custom made but I like the look of this doggy tent: https://www.travellingwithpets.co.uk/products/ebdbl

It can be tied down at the base. I'm not sure though how flat the Macan rear seats are or what's the height between the flat seats and glass roof - the dealer will measure tomorrow. Even if the tent is too high (85cm) I reckon I could use a folded towel between tent and the glass roof - the metal frame of the tent should be flexible.

If the above works out I need to further consider colour. My thinking so far includes white, silver and volcano grey, I suppose there's always Crayon at a cost. I'm not really wanting an all black interior as the car is quite dark inside, agate grey seems a bit too grey with my colour options. Black with Mojave could work, the dealer thinks it's a good option - my thinking is that Black / Mojave would work best with Volcano Grey. With Volcano Grey and privacy glass is the effect be too dark? I'd have gloss back window surrounds and roof rails.

It's all very personal and subjective but I'd love to read some views.
Clive

Post by Clive »

Btw there are lots of other reasons other than quality for why I prefer the Macan over the X3; pretty much every area except for interior space and the engine...oh and some of the tech/ apps.
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Clive, not so long ago a member MD77 was looking for a dog crate for his Macan, for admittedly a much smaller dog, but here is the thread in case you have not come across it yet, he decided to go with a company called www.safedog.co.uk.

https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8976&p=184267&hilit=dog#p184267
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Very personal thing I’m afraid

You need to see crayon in the flesh and in different lights. Personally it looks ok on a gt3 but not a Macan. I almost ordered it on my 992 but bottled it

We may have had grey if wife’s previous Porsche hasn’t been grey

My mate has just ordered this for his wife and I think it looks nice

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?userID=EG&lang=en&PARAM=parameter_internet_en&hookURL=https://www.porsche.com/uk/modelstart/all/default.ashx&webcode=PL11U844

We went blue and love it.

E6CFB53F-D24B-429B-BFA7-F6E3D8BBD97A.jpeg

Agree on agate/ pebble interior being too light
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Clive

Post by Clive »

That's a high spec. I like the chrome, it's as I spec'ed my current BMW. The dealer reckons chrome is resale kiss of death. I see he git sunblinds and privacy....must want to hide something!

Your blue looks really great. If I keep the car several years into retirement I fear the colour is too strong I'll not love it so much, if you know what I mean.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Clive wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:04 pm That's a high spec. I like the chrome, it's as I spec'ed my current BMW. The dealer reckons chrome is resale kiss of death. I see he git sunblinds and privacy....must want to hide something!

Your blue looks really great. If I keep the car several years into retirement I fear the colour is too strong I'll not love it so much, if you know what I mean.
Then you won’t want crayon!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

I was blown away by crayon on a well-specced showroom Macan. However it does look very different outside in daylight. Lesson learned - cars always look better in the showroom with all the lights shining on them! Recommendation - always have a look at the colour outside, and see what you think.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Clive

Post by Clive »

Totally agree...I tend to go for safe colours but like some interest in the cabin but not garnet...
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Clive wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:23 pm ...

If the above works out I need to further consider colour. My thinking so far includes white, silver and volcano grey, I suppose there's always Crayon at a cost. I'm not really wanting an all black interior as the car is quite dark inside, agate grey seems a bit too grey with my colour options. Black with Mojave could work, the dealer thinks it's a good option - my thinking is that Black / Mojave would work best with Volcano Grey. With Volcano Grey and privacy glass is the effect be too dark? I'd have gloss back window surrounds and roof rails.

It's all very personal and subjective but I'd love to read some views.
If the car has the pano roof, you can keep the roof blind open and the interior will not be too dark. If you like Black / Mojave interior I would then vote for Volcano grey exterior with the window surrounds + roof rails in gloss black. 8-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0