Condensation

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

The car is now 3 months old and since day one when it rains the car mists up inside almost immediately. In fact to be absolutely specific it does not mist up when it's parked and empty but, if it's raining and I sit in it (parked) it will mist up very quickly. I can clear it with the boost demist button (which turns the car into an oven) or put the air-con on (which turns the car into a fridge). In my life have never had a car that mists up so quickly in such ordinary conditions. I did post this same question 2 months back and the response I got was "adjust your settings" - I don't know what to adjust apart fro have the heater / aircon blasting it away.

My question is . . . . . is this just my car or is it the same for all others? Do I take it back and tell them to fix it - fix what?

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

My Macan often did that and the 911 can do similar too. Must be something in the aircon computer settings that does it. To smart for its own good.
Last edited by Rab J on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Try leaving the car to manage this for you.

i.e. make sure the A/C is permanently on.

And make sure it is in Auto mode - i.e. ensure the Auto light(s) are on (if you touch something like fan speed, Auto will go off immediately).

And switch on Synch for good measure (so the two sides of the car aren’t fighting each other).

In summary, keep A/C, Auto & Synch lights on all the time. Adjust the temp as required.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Paul

Post by Paul »

As per the replies to your previous post, if your screen is clean just leave the settings to auto and sync (as Makanik says) and use the temp control to regulate. Don’t touch the fan speed.
It’s worked perfectly on both of mine since 2015.....

(PS if you must sit in the car when parked up and its raining try not breathing so hard..😂😂😉 - in all seriousness, you’ll mist up any parked car if you sit inside it in the rain.)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Makanik wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:52 pm Try leaving the car to manage this for you.
To keep screen clear I must have the a/c on zero and the fan set to screen i.e. if I have it on 18 degrees and auto it will no clear. To clear my screen I MUST have the a/c on zero and full fan or the heater on max and full fan. As opposed to every other car in my life where I could have the heater set on 18 degrees and the fan on half and set on screen. . . . . . . . . Is my car 'normal' / is it the same in your car?
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

I had a problem with condensation and it transpired that drains were blocked (the car isn’t parked under trees) and the water was collecting in the battery compartment. Seems that the OPC was aware of similar problems with other Macans. In extreme examples the battery compartment can fill with water to such an extent that it can do major damage to the electrics.
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

How many times do we have to say this? It is very unlikely there is anything wrong with your car. There are hundreds of users on this forum who have no problems, then one or two who occasionally come along saying that 'this car is rubbish' or 'there's a fault with my system'. I cannot recall anyone actually having a fault fixed in the ventilation system, it has always been the occupants misusing the system. For example, '...put the air con on (which turns the car into a fridge)'. The air con must be on all the time, set to 'auto' - the car will always do a better job than you can. Refrigerated air is drier and will remove moisture quickly, you can add more heat if you need to while the air con is running, but better still set the temperature where you want it, try 21 or 22 degrees, and leave it alone. Again, the car will do a better job of achieving and maintaining that temperature than you can by constant fiddling. The other settings are in the menu system but they are best left in their default positions. Keep wet clothing and dogs in the boot to give your screen the best chance of staying dry. And, as we often repeat, the glass inside surface needs to be squeaky clean. This helps prevent moisture settling as mist but also aids the ventilation system in preventing it happening. Use something like Autogym Fast Glass or Diamondbrite glass cleaner, at least weekly and don't rub the glass with anything else between cleans.
Take the advice and your glass will stay clear!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

I believe in settings the air con has 3 levels .Low Medium High.Check which level you are on .I have mine set to medium and never had a problem, in fact any condensation clears in seconds.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Fairynuff wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:30 pm
Makanik wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:52 pm Try leaving the car to manage this for you.
To keep screen clear I must have the a/c on zero and the fan set to screen i.e. if I have it on 18 degrees and auto it will no clear. To clear my screen I MUST have the a/c on zero and full fan or the heater on max and full fan. As opposed to every other car in my life where I could have the heater set on 18 degrees and the fan on half and set on screen. . . . . . . . . Is my car 'normal' / is it the same in your car?
Do try persisting with the A/C and Auto both permanently on. If there is moisture in your car it might take a minute or two to initially clear the screen, but it should then remain clear.

I never get screen misting using these settings.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Fairynuff, if i recall you are a golfer, you may yourself be adding to the humidity with wet clothing and gear. You also say aircon on zero? Often people think that aircon should only be on if you want to chill and shouldn’t be on as it uses more fuel. Fact is it should be on all/most of the time, especially with the excellent sealing of modern cars.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6