What is your thoughts on this?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

Here is the reply from Dealership.
Hello John,

Thanks for the email.

I was off yesterday (you should have got my out of office email) and in today until 6pm, so I was replying to you before I finished.

The car did have a couple of advisories and I have checked the details with the workshop. Unfortunately, if an advisory is put on, it can't come off again unless the MOT is a fail, which this wasn't.

The first advisory is around the rear brake disc being pitted or scored but no seriously weakened. The rectify was the discs being stripped and cleaned, new brake pads were put on at the same time.

The second advisory is regarding the rear level link seized but not affecting headlight aim. The rectify to this was the rear link being replaced.

The car has been prepared to Porsche GB standards, both in terms of the bodywork and mechanical aspects.

I trust the above is satisfactory, but please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions.

Paul

Post by Paul »

Asked and answered (well, the 2 specific MOT advisories) - both rectified, just a shame it took so long to tell you.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

raises a question over the quality of the MOT inspector in the first instance, was he just drumming up business??
Paul

Post by Paul »

No, because they were both advisories, headlamp adjuster was seized (replaced foc) and discs cleaned up with new pads fitted.

My dealership doesn’t even do its’ own MOT tests; they get done down the road at Aston Martin😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

Discs cleaned up my A**e just had the rear wheels off and there are lips on them Pete Burns would have been proud of. LOL
Guy

Post by Guy »

Just see it as a challenge to wear out the rear discs through ‘spirited driving’ before they are consigned to disposal due to edge corrosion! :D
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

A wee update on this.
Porsche GB are now involved in this matter.
The dealership sent me an email saying they have a “plan “ to sort this as painless as possible for me ??
Porsche GB have asked me to return the car to resolve the issues ( my main issue is the repair to the o/s rear door which had a small 20p piece dent but the repair done is absolutely appalling) I have no confidence nor trust in the dealership and have asked Porsche GB if the car can go to an alternative Porsche dealership for corrections, awaiting reply.
Would you insist on another dealership repairing the car or let original dealership try again considering the mess they made ?
BTW now had the car two weeks and still have no paperwork like mot certificate or extended warranty schedule.
Salty

Post by Salty »

neilj007 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:01 pm Doesn't the 111 point check they do prior to sale guarantee 50% left on the discs, or some such number?
My thoughts exactly. If the car has had its 111 point check ( which is recorded electronically on their system) and the breaks are more than 50% worn they should have been replaced.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS