What is your thoughts on this?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

Bought a used Macan from a Porsche approved dealership.
The whole experience has bot been a good one, however I’ll leave that for another day.
The advice I am looking for is regarding the cars 1st mot due on 12/9/2019.
The dealership had the car mot,d however the test did flag up a couple of advisories, namely 1. Worn/ pitted rear brake discs. 2.Headlight aim rear level sensor seized.
I am aware that I have bought a second hand car but think considering the price I paid for the car the least they would have done is rectify the advisories ?
Am I being too fussy ??

lamaktak

Post by lamaktak »

on brakes no, could argue the toss on the headlight aim see if its covered by the OPC warranty or maybe some good will.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

The Porsche Approved Warranty, or the original warranty if it's still valid, should cover the sensor. The brake discs are 'normal wear and tear' so won't be covered but maybe they are still within spec?

I know this may not help you now but MoT advisories could be a negotiating point during the buying process.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Doesn't the 111 point check they do prior to sale guarantee 50% left on the discs, or some such number?
Macan
Taycan Turbo
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

100% agree with the opinions regarding the discs however I did voice concerns about them when I first seen the car and was told they “probably “would be replaced , they did replace the front two so could say that’s a bonus.
The dealership is unaware that I know about the mot advisories as they have yet to issue me with the certificate, I checked it online as I wasn’t confident that they would have done an mot as it wasn’t due till 12th September , that’s how unorganised I feel this particular dealership has been.
I have emailed them with my concerns regarding the mot advisories and if they took any action about them but as yet no reply
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

BTW I am new to the forum and don’t want to come on sounding like “victor meldrew” that is not my intention but the whole deal was full of promises that never materialised.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

I would expect that an approved used Porsche should be free of MOT advisories. I would be insisting that they are dealt with and a new MOT done.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:17 pm I would expect that an approved used Porsche should be free of MOT advisories. I would be insisting that they are dealt with and a new MOT done.
I was thinking the same, paid a lot of money for the car and I’m expected to monitor the faults and repair as necessary.
Can’t do anything the now as not replying to my email.
Guy

Post by Guy »

At my first MOT, at 15,500 miles, I had the same: Rear Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))

I don't worry about it at all, it's just the MOT inspector doing his job thoroughly (and some would say covering his @rse in case it fails*). Effectively it's just a way of saying to future inspectors, users, purchasers, that this safety critical part of the braking system needs monitoring! I presume also that you checked the MOT history online (here: https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/) before agreeing to purchase?

* My 18 year old VW Golf Mk4 had about a dozen 'advisories' - when you looked in more detail most were things like 'Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material' which basically meant it was so dirty that he could not inspect properly, hence need to cover his @rse! :D
Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:17 pm I would expect that an approved used Porsche should be free of MOT advisories. I would be insisting that they are dealt with and a new MOT done.
I'd agree with Mark and, like you, I'd be very unhappy if my recently purchased car came with unrectified advisories. It's essential to put such complaints in writing but the you should now follow it up on the phone and tell them what you expect them to do. There's no point doing an 111 point check if they then ignore the results.