GTS Release?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Now we have seen the release of the Turbo when might we expect to see the GTS?

In terms of price what are peoples expectations of base cost?
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

pmg

Post by pmg »

To my mind, the issue with GTS release is what is the engine going to be? The S and Turbo use stock VW?audi group petrol V6's. Anew tune up or tune down needs to be developed. As Porsche the free resources to that given WLTP testing and the amount of high priority EV development. There is also the issue of free capacity for the group to sell high co2 vehicles without triggering EU fines.

Having said that the expectation in the USA seems to be GTS announcement in time for the USA 2021 model year i.e June July 2020.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

I can’t see appearing in Europe

If they do follow through and make it all EV would you dive in for an EV Macan or take a GTS considering the GTS would drop just before the EV Macan
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I would not buy any high performance EV.
The biggest thrill of owning a performance vehicle is the sound.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Dealer I spoke with today said he had no reason to believe the GTS will not be released.
However, he also said that Porsche keep everything close to their chest.

If I was to go for a Macan S he reckoned I could have one by the end of the year. 3 month waiting list isn't bad, thought it would be longer.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Bazza06 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:59 pm Dealer I spoke with today said he had no reason to believe the GTS will not be released.
However, he also said that Porsche keep everything close to their chest.

If I was to go for a Macan S he reckoned I could have one by the end of the year. 3 month waiting list isn't bad, thought it would be longer.
3 months seems very reasonable for a Macan S. I can recall when the waiting list for that sought after model was 18-24 months, if the OPC would even take an order! :o
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
fabmacan

Post by fabmacan »

The GTS would have to fit between the Turbo and the S, which are already fairly close in performance stakes, so what would be the power plant for the GTS, a detuned 2.9 turbo engine, or an upgraded 3.0 S engine, cant see the point in the GTS in the Macan-2!
2023 Macan GTS
Gulf Orange
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Lots of room between the S and Turbo for a nice sporty 400bhp GTS
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

fabmacan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:03 am The GTS would have to fit between the Turbo and the S, which are already fairly close in performance stakes, so what would be the power plant for the GTS, a detuned 2.9 turbo engine, or an upgraded 3.0 S engine, cant see the point in the GTS in the Macan-2!
The gap between S and Turbo has increased in the refreshed line up:

S = increased from 340 PS to 354 PS
Turbo = increased from 400 PS to 440 PS
Gap between S and Turbo = increased from 60 PS to 86 PS

So plenty of gap for a refreshed GTS. The existing one was 360 PS, so at least 380 PS will be likely. Bear in mind the GTS is significantly more than a few extra horses on the existing S engine. It gets a significant increase to torque, and this increase is available much earlier. Porsche also assumes GTS customers are less bothered about emissions and economy - which is why these figures tend to be rubbish on these models.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
pmg

Post by pmg »

PaulR wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:07 pm
fabmacan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:03 am The GTS would have to fit between the Turbo and the S, which are already fairly close in performance stakes, so what would be the power plant for the GTS, a detuned 2.9 turbo engine, or an upgraded 3.0 S engine, cant see the point in the GTS in the Macan-2!
The gap between S and Turbo has increased in the refreshed line up:

S = increased from 340 PS to 354 PS
Turbo = increased from 400 PS to 440 PS
Gap between S and Turbo = increased from 60 PS to 86 PS

So plenty of gap for a refreshed GTS. The existing one was 360 PS, so at least 380 PS will be likely. Bear in mind the GTS is significantly more than a few extra horses on the existing S engine. It gets a significant increase to torque, and this increase is available much earlier. Porsche also assumes GTS customers are less bothered about emissions and economy - which is why these figures tend to be rubbish on these models.
Prospective owners may be less worried about emissions and economy but GTS's still have to pass WLTP and the cars sold count to VW Audi groups total emissions tests. Unless new suitable engine can be developed which suits other vehicles in VW/Audi group I can see a new GTS being more suspension changes and more sporting extra standard fitments.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8