Parking sensors (again!)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
KevT89

Post by KevT89 »

Does anyone know whether the Macan's parking sensors (particularly front) can have sensitivity adjusted.....either by owner or by OPC?

Mine go wild every so often at road junctions , roundabouts etc when there are no other cars or obstructions near (clear road ahead!). I finish by turning them off on o/h console button but then have to remember to switch back on when parking or turning in tight spaces?

I have read the various threads about this subject but none of the replies suggest whether sensitivity is adjustable. Looking at the sensors they don't appear to have any obstructions like dirt,flies, insects etc. so don't understand why they often trigger for no real reason. Number plates seem solidly fixed with no visible movement so don't think they are flapping or vibrating (another cause apparently).

Any info gratefully received.

Cheers, Kev.

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Don't believe so, no one so far has reported getting them adjusted.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
happy days

Post by happy days »

They all do that, sir...
Macan S D
718 S
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I don't do much city driving but mine are only annoying occasionally.

Not sure if dirt makes them worse (I know you have checked) but probably worth giving them all a good clean.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Yea, front sensors are rather annoying.
Let us know if you find a solution.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

I find rain can cause my front ones to be a bit temperamental, especially the left one. It was beeping on and off for no apparent reason all the way to work one day. I turned it off and when I got to work had a look, there was a giant blob of water covering nearly the whole sensor. Once I wiped it off it stopped beeping.

It happened again yesterday no doubt because of a rain shower, I just turned it off. It is a bit annoying but so is the constant close proximity warnings, I mean in the UK some of our lanes are very narrow, especially when driving around town at junctions. At least there is an on off button for all the sensors, my Sportage only allowed disabling the rear ones (for when towing) but I didn't have the same problem with them anyway.
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

My front sensors regularly and randomly go crazy. The car is always very clean, so nothing to do with dirt. If it's this hard to get sensors to work properly, what hope is there for autonomous cars making the correct decisions!
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
adam b

Post by adam b »

Mine work OK, just annoying when in traffic - need to put into Park to switch them off

switching off should be an option on the steering wheel <> button
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
KevT89

Post by KevT89 »

Thank you for your good input. Guess I'll just have to continue turning them off (and remembering to turn them on again when needed).

I have driven several vehicles with different types of sensor but this is the first time I have experienced this problem. If it's as common as suggested I would have thought that Porsche would be keen to seek a solution ?
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Just purchased 2015 Macan S my sensors come on when not parking. Any know if Porsche have solution. Other than turning them Off!