Warning lights ?!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Just macan

Post by Just macan »

New macan less than 1000 miles on the clocks having repeated warning lights appeared today...
Any idea please advise...
See attached photo.
Thank you

D695F589-9FC1-4620-8067-12C65A3A07BA.jpeg

pmg

Post by pmg »

from another Porsche forum
"Adaptive Cruise Control is deactivated automatically if the radar sensor is very dirty or is covered in ice or by an obstacle, in unfavourable weather conditions (heavy rain) or when driving through tunnels.

The message “ACC/PAS not available” appears on the multi-function display of the instrument panel. Always keep the radar sensor clean and free of ice and snow to ensure that it is fully functional.
"

"My similar problem to yours, namely the ACC/PAS Unavailable message illuminating appears to have been caused by a voltage drop on engine start when it was cranking at about 75rpm. This led to an inspection of the battery which appeared not to be holding charge (a loss of 25% over a 24 hour period). When the battery compartment was opened, it was full of water - 6 ltrs to be precise - which caused the battery terminals to corrode, as well as corrosion to the sub-woofer and several other electrical components. The leak was caused by the right rear sunroof drainage tube not being routed correctly to the external drain hole which caused water to ingress into the battery compartment. No-one can be sure but, given that nothing would have caused the pipe to be dislodged, it must have been like that since the day it was manufactured. I am very grateful to the senior technician at my OPC for his diligence - a couple of bottles of decent wine will be winging their way to him by way of thanks - he has prevented what appeared to be an innocuous problem from developing into something more serious."
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Just macan

Post by Just macan »

Thank you pmg..great reply but I am not sure what GRA means!
pmg

Post by pmg »

Just macan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:47 am Thank you pmg..great reply but I am not sure what GRA means!
Never seen the three letters GRA definitely defined, my guess is as the ACC uses Radar is something like General Radar Alert

I suspect either the sensors faulty or dirty or earth/battery charge issue with electrics which on all modern cars can give false alerts
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Just macan

Post by Just macan »

Thank you pmg...I just rang the opc and told me exactly what you say..he did not know what the GRA stands for but advised to clean the Radar sensor .
Just cleaned the front radar sensor and lane assist sensors too ..will see what happens..nothing on dashboard so far!
I will check batteries heads if it appears again.

Thank you pmg..you are great.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

GRA = geschwindigkeitsregelanlage, German for cruise control. Apparently!
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geschwindigkeitsregelanlage
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Col M

Post by Col M »

I got the same warning this afternoon partway through a journey. My ACC fault is...I don't have Adaptive cruise! :P After a break the message was gone on restart.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble