Gremlins - windows

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I've just spent another hour trying all suggestions.

1. The rocker switch has two positions (albeit that there is a minute difference between position 1 (manual) and position 2 (auto).
2. I can get to window to a place which feels like the top (closed) by delicately feeling the rocker in manual.
3. If I then pull the rocker switch up again the window goes down to halfway.

Clue 1: Pulling the rocker switch all the way up (auto) does not auto up the window (if I take my finger of the switch it stops).
Clue 2: This is only happening with drivers window.
Clue 3: With the ignition key pressed to down to open the doors and remain pressed to open all windows and then pressed to lock the doors and remain pressed to close all windows, all windows close but the drivers door when reaching the top (closed) immediately drops down to halfway.

Guy

Post by Guy »

^ Possibly a software fault then. If you google Audi Q5 electric window faults a few come up, although I couldn't find one that replicates yours exactly.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Faulty microswitch?
Macan S D
718 S
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I emailed the service manager with a description of the problem and he called me back;

The SOLUTION to re-setting the 'settings is . . .

1. Push the rocker switch fully down to open the window - hold it there for 5 seconds
2. Pull the rocker switch to full close the window - hold it there for 5 seconds
3. Push the rocker switch fully down to open the window.

That did it as opposed to the instructions on page 279 (below) that didn't do it!

1. Pull the rocker switch to full close the window .
2. With the windows closed briefly pull the rocker.
3. Open the window completely once by pressing the rocker switch.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I had a similar problem with my windows some time back. I got a solution from the service manager at the OPC which worked and which is in the last post in the below link . . .

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9050&p=185440#p185440