NFU Insurance for Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
steve w

Post by steve w »

I have used AVIVA for many years but they insisted I had the Porsche tracker activated on my 911,after a year my renewal quote was £744 plus £260 for the tracker,I’ve renewed my insurance with NFU no tracker requirement and a much better quote for a equally good cover ,
No brainier.

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

paulmac wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:58 am Thanks for the positive feedback regarding NFU insurance. The two year back to invoice sounds like their USP which would save on GAP.

Do you know if they allow use of Porsche approved repairers and allow the OPC to use OEM glass for windscreen replacement?

Paul
I can't point to links to other posts but from memory I believe this has been discussed previously and I do not believe it is an issue. I would be surprised if an insurer such as NFU would create this barrier.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
bilun777

Post by bilun777 »

paulmac wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:58 am Thanks for the positive feedback regarding NFU insurance. The two year back to invoice sounds like their USP which would save on GAP.

Do you know if they allow use of Porsche approved repairers and allow the OPC to use OEM glass for windscreen replacement?

Paul
Yes they allowed porsche approved repairer when I needed it, and my OPC to fit OEM porsche Windscreen,which I was told needed to be electronically coded or whatever? by the OPC.
NFU were faultless in all my dealings with them. :)
Sapphire blue SD,Luxor Beige,Delivered Nov 16.
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

Thanks @bilun777. The same details were confirmed by my OPC (windscreen) and Approved Bodyshop (repair) today.

Looks like I will be insuring with NFU. Thanks for all your input.

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
vic49er

Post by vic49er »

One advantage NFU offer is a 2 year invoice price cover in case of a write off or confirmed stolen; most other insurers offer 12 months only. Also no issues with having windscreen replaced by OPC instead of Autoglass. Not the cheapest but reasonable price and good service. Having an agricultural bias, you get gun and trailer full of manure cover.
Current Macan S Gen 3. Collected 7th July 2023 http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYKXJQ9
BMW Z3M Coupe (S50)
Previous: Macan 2L Gen 2
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

vic49er wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:16 pm Not the cheapest but reasonable price and good service. Having an agricultural bias, you get gun and trailer full of manure cover.
Optional now, put a vehicle on last week and they asked whether i needed cover for explosives or chemicals.

Presumably they assume we all need manure cover?!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Paul

Post by Paul »

The only slight “downside” to NFU is the theft excess (£1600 on my policy) but outweighed by the other plus points.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
R850R

Post by R850R »

Insurance due in a couple of weeks and broker wanting another GBP60 over last year's premium with RSA, who I've been with for years.
This prompted an online search and in view of these comments, looking at NFU.
Now I'm sceptical of online reviews in general but couldn't help being disuaded by "Trusted Reviews" of recent, disgruntled NFU customers.
Obviously I've no way to confirm the validity of the many -ve comments (or the few +ve ones) but consistent annoyance about only being able to get a quote by phone, with poor answering service & refusal to quote "because of your post code" was enough to disregard NFU.
Instead, I went to LV's website and obtained a quote over £200 less than my new, next premium. Encouraged by this, I began to look closer and found if I wanted my car to be repaired by a Porsche centre, rather than one of LV's approved repairers, then OK but I would have to pay a further £200 excess on top of the compulsory £400 excess and my voluntary (sic) excess of £100. So to repair a bit of bodywork damage to an aluminium panel on the Macan would cost me £700 at a Porsche bodyshop.
Yes - we're told to shop around for car insurance to save £s on renewal but it's a minefield when trying to compare details, especially when one introduces the subjective element of past experience with your current insurer.
End of this - I go back to broker who then offers renewal at last year's premium. Still more than LV quoted but better the devil you know.
S with an oil-burner engine and a few extras.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I too got rejected by NFU due to my post code. My home in Swindon is clearly not in a sufficiently rural area...!? :roll:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Neither is my post code in deepest rural Somerset sufficient to get a competitive quote from sky-high NFU.

In comparison LV= have been extremely competitive and great value over my last four years of car insurance. Had a claim in my 1st year with them on a Merc and they paid up with no quibble within a week of getting the estimate. Deer kicked a headlamp cover - cost £1359 to fix. Deer had no insurance either!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver