Bike Rack

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
microbe

Post by microbe »

I am looking at a bike rack for my Macan S and was wondering whether fellow members could recommend one. My initial thought was that as I use an electric bike with a very heavy battery it would need to take more weight than usual but of course the battery can be removed for transport so the carrier would only be carrying two normal weight bikes.

Many Thanks
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9

Charliemonkey

Post by Charliemonkey »

I bought the Thule Easyfold XT 2 bike rack to use with my electric bike.

It can carry 2 bikes with a weight limit of 60 kg. It’s got a really good locking mechanism for the bike and also some sturdy straps for the wheels and is easy to mount on the towball. You can also tilt the bike back using a foot pedal to get access to the boot.

You can even buy a foldable ramp which pushes into the end of the rack so that you can wheel the bike on rather than struggling to lift a heavy electric bike.

I am really impressed with it, the only downside is that it is expensive but I guess you get what you pay for.

Hope this helps
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charliemonkey

Post by Charliemonkey »

PS - I think this is the rack that Porsche recommend in their accessories brochure.

If not this exact one then something very similar.

microbe

Post by microbe »

That looks good but unfortunately I don't have a towball or electrics. I'm not sure I can run to the cost of the rack and installing all the towing equipment needed.

I was thinking of one that hooks over the rear without causing any damage
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9
jezzer

Post by jezzer »

Thule Easyfold xt3 for my emtb and it’s great.