Macan - problems

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

Hi All,

I've had my 2019 Macan for nearly 6 months and out of all the cars I've had this has not be the worst experience I've had of a new car and I'm on here to find out if anyone is having similar problems?

The car has now been in with Porsche 4 times, once with Heated seats not working, 3 times now with air suspension issues. I keep getting "Suspension fault, please drive with caution". They have replaced numerous sensors and compressors but have still not found the route cause of the issue. I took the car up to Scotland for a holiday with the family and ended up being stuck with a BMW520d after being rescued by the AA after supposedly having the same issue fixed 4 days earlier.

Porsche still aren't sympathetic or apologetic. My latest failure at the weekend, made the car feel like it one of the wheels was a cam rather than circular. The kids were shouting in the back to stop driving over the speed bumps, i was doing 20 mph in traffic on a flat surface....
The time before that the car would veer off to the left with and accompanying sound of a compressor struggling to pump up the front left suspension. So I've just rang Porsche again this morning and they've said to get this booked in for Wednesday morning. So another two days of hoping that suspension doesn't try its best to force me in to a lampost or make the kids sick.

The one grace is that its not just me feeling this, the dashboard is flagging up this issue, which then disappears next startup, but it is recorded in the fault codes.

So what can I do? They've offered me £200 money off Porsche Accessories.... thanks
I'm actually at the point where I don't want the car, but obviously cannot hand it back. Clearly Porsche do not know how to fix this issue.

Thanks

Frankstar
2019 Macan S, Air Susp, 21 RS Alloys, Pano, Sport Chrono Pack, Lighting Pack, BOSE, Standard seats, Parking Camera, Privacy Glass.

biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

Sorry to hear about all your problems. Who is your opc. Hope you get sorted to your satisfaction.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

frankstar123 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:02 pm So what can I do? They've offered me £200 money off Porsche Accessories.... thanks
I'm actually at the point where I don't want the car, but obviously cannot hand it back. Clearly Porsche do not know how to fix this issue.
I've had mine (first Porsche) for 3 months and 2,500 miles and (thankfully (touching wood)) I have not had any major problems. There are a few issues that are disappointing considering the price (£65k) disappointing because for the money I expected engineered excellence and perfect attention to detail. If I was you I would be pushing for my money back or a new car.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

frankstar123 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:02 pm

Thanks

Frankstar
Actually you can insist on a replacement or your money back. You should insist on speaking to the dealer principal and point out they have failed three times to identify and rectify the suspension issues so you want a replacement car. This is actually a right under the "Sale of Goods Act" as the "good" (i.e. the car) is not of merchantable quality.

Don't bring up the Sale of Goods Act in the first instance as I'm sure you will find that the dealer will want to provide you with a permanent solution. This is particularly the case if the car is acting in a way that might be said to be unsafe. My recommendation would be to go for a replacement rather than a cash refund because a working Macan is a wonderful car.

Good luck.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

Thanks, I'm with Porsche Newcastle. The one good thing about it is I sometimes get a 718 boxster as a courtesy car :)
2019 Macan S, Air Susp, 21 RS Alloys, Pano, Sport Chrono Pack, Lighting Pack, BOSE, Standard seats, Parking Camera, Privacy Glass.
fabmacan

Post by fabmacan »

frankstar123 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:24 pm Thanks, I'm with Porsche Newcastle. The one good thing about it is I sometimes get a 718 boxster as a courtesy car :)
If you purchased a macan, why would you be happy with a 718 boxster as a courtesy car, I would be demanding at least another macan or a cayenne, panamera as a replacement, you cannot ferry the kids around in a boxster!
2023 Macan GTS
Gulf Orange
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

fabmacan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:12 am
frankstar123 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:24 pm Thanks, I'm with Porsche Newcastle. The one good thing about it is I sometimes get a 718 boxster as a courtesy car :)
If you purchased a macan, why would you be happy with a 718 boxster as a courtesy car, I would be demanding at least another macan or a cayenne, panamera as a replacement, you cannot ferry the kids around in a boxster!
Presumably because like most of us he needs a 4 or 5 seater with a boot some of the time but not all of the time, and to be given something nice and different works for him....

I am sure if a 4 seater with a boot is needed he would be pointing it out, but when not having fun!

I dont demand anything by the way, I ask nicely. Generally works better...
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

Yeah we have another car which we can use most of the time. The macan is needed at weekends really. 718 is a really good car. Wouldn't want to live with one day in day out but as a 4 day short term loan. Wow. Can't imagine what the 718 S is like.
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

Oh yeah back to the car. I spoke to a nice chap today and told me my position and formally requested Porsche give me a replacement or money back. I'm not sure how I stand on the £1K spent on 7 year ceramic covering or the Tax on a new car if they refund me. (not my preferred option) but if they cant get me a replacement for months what option do I have....
biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

Sounds as if you are making progress at last. They have plenty cars on forcourt. Might be worth a look
1k ceramic coating should be refunded as a good will gesture !!!! As with tax as when car is resold !! Will be adverised as such. Good luck keep updating. 👍👍