Sad day, Macan sold

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Saffa
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:42 pm

Sad day, Macan sold

Post by Saffa » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:39 pm

It is a sad day indeed. My Macan has been sold.

I owned the SD for about 30 months, done about 13,000 miles and have to say, it was 13,000 amazing miles.

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned, luxurious, comfortable, fast and sporty. It is everything you want it to be... (except cheap ;) )

But alas the time has come to part ways.

My first ever Porsche. I hope not my last.

Adieu my fellow Macan owners.

PS, some buying advise, optional extras counts for nothing in resale value...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHEPZN21 delivered May 2017, sold Sept 2019


User avatar
ScotMac
Posts: 4117
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:39 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Sad day, Macan sold

Post by ScotMac » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Sad day indeed :( :(

What is your new car?


User avatar
VanB
Posts: 3474
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: Sad day, Macan sold

Post by VanB » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:40 pm

13k miles in 30 months is hardly using it - especially a diesel!

Always sad to see a good car go but hopefully the replacement will put a smile on your face
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate


Saffa
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: Sad day, Macan sold

Post by Saffa » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:26 am

ScotMac wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:30 pm
Sad day indeed :( :(

What is your new car?
Family got bigger, so I need more space. Got a good deal on an Audi A6 Allroad.

Perfectly nice car, but my god it’s a snooze fest compared to the Macan... ha
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHEPZN21 delivered May 2017, sold Sept 2019


User avatar
SAC1
Posts: 1223
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: near BATH

Re: Sad day, Macan sold

Post by SAC1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:39 am

Care to share what £ you got for your Macan?

Was it a p/ex for the Allroad or did you find another buyer?


User avatar
ScotMac
Posts: 4117
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:39 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Sad day, Macan sold

Post by ScotMac » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:57 am

Saffa wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:26 am
ScotMac wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:30 pm
Sad day indeed :( :(

What is your new car?
Family got bigger, so I need more space. Got a good deal on an Audi A6 Allroad.

Perfectly nice car, but my god it’s a snooze fest compared to the Macan... ha
You should have gone for an RS6 avant :D :D


Saffa
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: Sad day, Macan sold

Post by Saffa » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 am

SAC1 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:39 am
Care to share what £ you got for your Macan?

Was it a p/ex for the Allroad or did you find another buyer?
Sure... I got £35,000.

PX only offered me £31,000, apparently die diesels aren’t sought after anymore. If only the salesman at the OPC told me that!

What’s annoying is inlaid £58,000 for the car, so took a massive hit.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHEPZN21 delivered May 2017, sold Sept 2019


User avatar
SAC1
Posts: 1223
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: near BATH

Re: Sad day, Macan sold

Post by SAC1 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:14 am

So 60% residual value at 28 months and 13,000 miles.

Possibly that could have been achieved in the past at 3 year age [8 months older], so not too disastrous. Probably better than any other diesel SUV too in the current climate. Good luck with your Audi A6 Allroad.


Isleaiw
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Sad day, Macan sold

Post by Isleaiw » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:06 pm

SAC1 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:14 am
So 60% residual value at 28 months and 13,000 miles.

Possibly that could have been achieved in the past at 3 year age [8 months older], so not too disastrous. Probably better than any other diesel SUV too in the current climate. Good luck with your Audi A6 Allroad.
Or 27000 pounds in 28 months and 13000 miles - a fair few SUVs could beat that..

Sometimes percentages are great for man maths but not much good for reality. £2 per mile in depreciation however you look at it.

My SQ5 (petrol) lost £18k in 24 months and 22k miles as a comparator, and my sale was in trade not privately. Percentage wise (66% residual at 2 years) not much better but nearly 10k less lost. I know the term and mileage arent the same but as an example it shows the importance of looking at absolutes not just %


gasgas1
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:35 am

Re: Sad day, Macan sold

Post by gasgas1 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:36 pm

is the Audi A6 All road really any bigger?


Post Reply

Return to “Main Porsche Macan Chat”