Porsche PCP - Help !!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Hehe, that developed quickly! [emoji2] [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Congratulations on the order. You'll like the S. Didn't realise it was a six month wait. I'm absolutely gobsmacked though at a financial advisor buying a car on PCP, especially so near retirement!!! :o
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Paul

Post by Paul »

👍
Congrats, (and on the move from used to new)
Fully understand the PCP route from your previous posts but, as Wingco says, you’ve now got 6 months to source alternative providers (Clydsdale are a favorite on here)
Then, with the savings on the finance, we can help you spend the surplus on some more options.....😁😁😉😂😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
N111BJG

Post by N111BJG »

After lots of dithering I decided to take the PCP but paid maximum deposit of around £26k.
So I pay £185 a month to VWFS & £600 into savings account to top it up so can do the same again in 3 years.
If you can afford a Porsche, get it as soon as you can, you are a long time dead.
2023 Macan S in Copper Ruby Metallic
2022 Mini Cooper Exclusive Convertible (Hers)
2022 BMW R1250GS
2016 991.2 C4S Cabriolet in Miami Blue
2019 Macan S (Sold)
2015 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster (Sold)
2005 997.1 C2S Cabriolet (sold)
Jeffb

Post by Jeffb »

PaulR wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:38 am Congratulations on the order. You'll like the S. Didn't realise it was a six month wait. I'm absolutely gobsmacked though at a financial advisor buying a car on PCP, especially so near retirement!!! :o
Hi Paul

I'm not retiring, just accessing my pension pot !
Jeffb

Post by Jeffb »

Paul wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:03 am 👍
Congrats, (and on the move from used to new)
Fully understand the PCP route from your previous posts but, as Wingco says, you’ve now got 6 months to source alternative providers (Clydsdale are a favorite on here)
Then, with the savings on the finance, we can help you spend the surplus on some more options.....😁😁😉😂😂
Hi again Paul,

Yup, going to shop around for the PCP. Porsche quoted 6.8% and I'm sure I can get better !!
Jeffb

Post by Jeffb »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:36 am
Jeffb wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:35 am Loving the comments !!

Financial Advisers do have hearts I promise !!

I went away and had a good old think and here’s what I’ve done........Just ordered a new Macan 3 litre petrol, it’s going to take 6 months to arrive so fit’s in perfectly. Scrapped the idea of using some tax free cash from the pension and went with PCP over 4 years where I can just hand it back or buy it....or go electric !

The comments on here have really helped, you do seem like a nice bunch !!

Best Wishes

Jeff
Wow! And I thought that I was impulsive! ;)

Congrats on the Macan S order!

Can you give us an idea of the provisional spec you’ve ordered? We’d love to offer our views! :P

I hope that Porsche gave you a good deal on the PCP. Quite a few of us have gone with Clydesdale for a lower APR, albeit hire purchase (with a balloon) as opposed to PCP.

Cheers,
Hi Simon,

Volcano Grey Metallic
Black leather package with partial leather seats
Panoramic roof system
Side window trims in black (high-gloss)
‘PORSCHE’ logo and model designation painted in matt black
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Sports tailpipes in black
21-Inch RS Spyder Design Wheels (Blimey, expensive) !!!
ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera
Adaptive Sports seats in front (18-way, electric) with memory package - still not sure if the 14 way comfort seats are the better option.
Seat heating (front)
BOSE® Surround Sound System

Going to shop around for the PCP, the rate from Porsche is 6.8%.

Best Wishes

Jeff
Jeffb

Post by Jeffb »

Thanks for all the comments folks, this has helped immensely. Now I just need to scratch the dates off the calendar for 6 months !!

Anything else I should be thinking about ? I have a dog (Cockapoo) that'll go in the back so I need to source a dog guard.

Cheers

Jeff
NSinc

Post by NSinc »

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on PCP actually. I looked at Clydesdale at 4.8% but am planning to go with Porsche's PCP at 6.8% as it seems to make more sense to me. (Pick the car up end of Oct).

My OPC gave me a £1500 discount based on me taking the VWFS product, so it makes the total payable using the Porsche PCP product around £600-£700 more over the term, than using someone else.

Now all the firms like clydesale and prestige who were offering finance, were giving me a final balloon of max 27-28kk (on a Macan S) Porsche are giving me circa 32k if i remember rightly.

So the monthlies are actually less using VWFS, and i feel more protected with the larger GFV, and like the thought of it being with VWFS as opposed to some private credit company. For me i'm really not bothered in the slightest about an extra few hundred quid over 3 years. I'm going to lose over 30k in 3 years on this car as it is.

Am i missing something obvious in my calculations here? Or is it just that some people are more bothered than me about getting the absolute best deal possible to them?
Last edited by NSinc on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
2018 Audi RS3 480bhp (Nardo Grey)
2019 Macan S (Volcano Grey)
Paul

Post by Paul »

That’s a very fair point; there comes a time when chasing your tail for a few hundred quid just isn’t worth it for some people.
The higher residual from Porsche actually contributes to their higher APR as the sum borrowed stays higher over the term.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465