new owner (almost - deposit down) with some questions

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Morning,
New to the forum and new to Porsche ownership.

I put a holding deposit down on an MY18 2.0 litre Macan yesterday and have a few questions I hope can be answered.

Its done just over 11k miles and there are lips on all the discs. I'm going to get the OPC to measure the thickness but is this usual on one with only 11k miles? How many miles do people usually get from discs and pads? How much are front and rear discs and pads? It has been the garage's courtesy car from new (11/18) so almost a year.

How many miles are people getting from tyres for just typical / normal use - no hard use - the car is mainly for the Mrs!

I was told its on two year service intervals with a minor in a year. Is this correct?

Also, I've read that spark plugs should be changed after the first 12k miles which means that's due - is that true?

Same with the air con - does this need to be serviced every 2 years?

Thanks for any helpful answers to the queries above and any other help/ advice you can give.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160

bilun777

Post by bilun777 »

My SD had no noticeable lips on the brakes at 35K miles.
I've always been a light brake user,but mine was never used as a courtesy car for 11K miles!
My 18" allseason tyres lasted for 30K as well.
My aircon was still working fine at 3 years old as well,though my OPC tried to get me to service it on several occasions.
Last edited by bilun777 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire blue SD,Luxor Beige,Delivered Nov 16.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I'm going to be a bit negative but do you really want a car that has been a courtesy car for 11000 miles? It will have had many many drivers and won't have been treated to a lot of care and attention. There are a good few Macans for sale now so maybe have a look a bit more.

Certainly shouldn't need brakes after such a low mileage and replacements won't be cheap.

Oh and welcome to our forum which is a great friendly place with lots of good advice.
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Thanks for the replies so far and the welcome.

The thought about it being used as a courtesy car has certainly crossed my mind and the wear on the discs (which sounds like it might be excessive for only 11k) has got me thinking if its the right car. Comes with two year OPC warranty and will it really have been thrashed much more than some cars on PCP?

Its a great spec PASM, PDLS, 14 ways with heater full leather seats, roof rails, agate grey, no sunroof, 4 sport tailpipes, 20" alloys, parkassist, drove really nicely and in good condition overall - a couple of scuffs, a ding on the door and a rub on the plastic rear valance - all of which they say will fix.

Been thinking about it all last night and this morning!
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

Sounds like a nicely specced car. Worth having a scout around at what comparable cars are out there with other dealers even if it helps you negotiate on price. This helped hugely when I bought my GTS a few months ago. I was able to quote specific examples of other cars and why I was offering a certain price based on spec, mileage and deals other OPC’s were willing to do.
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

AndyC160 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:22 pm Morning,
New to the forum and new to Porsche ownership.

I put a holding deposit down on an MY18 2.0 litre Macan yesterday and have a few questions I hope can be answered.

Its done just over 11k miles and there are lips on all the discs. I'm going to get the OPC to measure the thickness but is this usual on one with only 11k miles? How many miles do people usually get from discs and pads? How much are front and rear discs and pads? It has been the garage's courtesy car from new (11/18) so almost a year.

How many miles are people getting from tyres for just typical / normal use - no hard use - the car is mainly for the Mrs!

I was told its on two year service intervals with a minor in a year. Is this correct?

Also, I've read that spark plugs should be changed after the first 12k miles which means that's due - is that true?

Same with the air con - does this need to be serviced every 2 years?

Thanks for any helpful answers to the queries above and any other help/ advice you can give.
I got about 22k miles from the tyres on my Macan 2.0.

Mine required an oil change service in between the ‘proper’ 20k miles/2 yearly services. i.e. oil change at 1 year, 3 years etc.

I don’t think the plugs need changing until 4 years.

Google ‘Porsche fixed price servicing’ for more info.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

42000 Miles still on original tyres with 4/6 k left. disc still good looking to get to 60k, had new front pads at 27500
mjrennie

Post by mjrennie »

PM sent.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

What is reg........ PEC car?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Paul

Post by Paul »

bennachie wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:48 pm What is reg........ PEC car?
(Wasn’t going to open that can, but 12 months is an unusually long period for a loan car...reminds me a bit of the Gett Taxi / Wimbledon taxi thread)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465