SOLD - 4 years and 45k miles and still looks gorgeous

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

It is with a heavy heart that today I shook hands with a local dealer who had got hold of a 2 year old Panamera E Hybrid and accepted my much loved Macan against it in PX. :(

I've had my SD from new and it's been a great car, it's never let me down, and the only issues I've had were 1. Transfer box done under warranty, 2. memory seat unit failing and being replaced by myself at a cost of £500. Overall I can live with that for the time I had it and the pleasure it has given me.

I put a TDI Tuning twin channel box in it from day one and it has been a blessing, it's a great general improvement across the whole range of the cars performance which really brings it to where it should have been out the factory - to around 300BHP (or more if you turn it up) I'll be removing this and putting it in the for sale section in the next day or two ready for a new host ;)

I'm sorry not to be staying with the Macan, but after 4 years I fancied a change, and none of the newer models are significantly different to be worth swapping to, so up to a Panamera I've gone. Perhaps I'll be back in the next Macan in the next few years when they get the E version into production and the UK network is in a better place to support it, but for me a hybrid is the next logical step until then.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Lovely Panamera! I really enjoyed the 17k miles I did in my 2017 Panamera 4.

You clearly like the ‘white car with black wheels’ look. ;)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Staying in the Family, just. Good luck with new car.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
adam b

Post by adam b »

jesim1 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:59 pm I put a TDI Tuning twin channel box in it from day one and it has been a blessing, it's a great general improvement across the whole range of the cars performance which really brings it to where it should have been out the factory - to around 300BHP (or more if you turn it up) I'll be removing this and putting it in the for sale section in the next day or two ready for a new host ;)
is this removed from car for each service? any issues with OPC?
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

jesim1 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:59 pm It is with a heavy heart that today I shook hands with a local dealer who had got hold of a 2 year old Panamera E Hybrid and accepted my much loved Macan against it in PX. :(

I've had my SD from new and it's been a great car, it's never let me down, and the only issues I've had were 1. Transfer box done under warranty, 2. memory seat unit failing and being replaced by myself at a cost of £500. Overall I can live with that for the time I had it and the pleasure it has given me.

I put a TDI Tuning twin channel box in it from day one and it has been a blessing, it's a great general improvement across the whole range of the cars performance which really brings it to where it should have been out the factory - to around 300BHP (or more if you turn it up) I'll be removing this and putting it in the for sale section in the next day or two ready for a new host ;)

I'm sorry not to be staying with the Macan, but after 4 years I fancied a change, and none of the newer models are significantly different to be worth swapping to, so up to a Panamera I've gone. Perhaps I'll be back in the next Macan in the next few years when they get the E version into production and the UK network is in a better place to support it, but for me a hybrid is the next logical step until then.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

good to hear from you James - great to see another Porsche in the stable. Hope life is treating you well

Arif
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

adam b wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:46 am
jesim1 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:59 pm I put a TDI Tuning twin channel box in it from day one and it has been a blessing, it's a great general improvement across the whole range of the cars performance which really brings it to where it should have been out the factory - to around 300BHP (or more if you turn it up) I'll be removing this and putting it in the for sale section in the next day or two ready for a new host ;)
is this removed from car for each service? any issues with OPC?
It's never been out of the car in 4 years and 3 services - they have never mentioned it and neither have I 8-)

No issues with the transfer box warranty claim either ;)

James
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

MacanArif wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:08 pm good to hear from you James - great to see another Porsche in the stable. Hope life is treating you well

Arif
Thanks Arif

I retired a couple of years ago before the company I worked for Imploded - which it done earlier this year - the writing was on the wall but the top brass would not listed - their loss :lol:

I was quite happy with my Macan, but after 4 years I was getting itchy feet, and with the next Macan of any real change still being 2 or even 3 years before it gets onto the road I needed a "filler" till I see if the new electric one is worth the wait, only time will tell.

Glad to here from you ;)

I just need to see if there is a Panamera forum now :D

James
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

I see you have kept 'the fastest colour'...........................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

bennachie wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:47 pm I see you have kept 'the fastest colour'...........................
I specifically looked for it, there are tons in black and grey and only a handful in white, but although virtually all my previous cars have been black I've really taken to white of late :P