Upgrades/modifications/retrofits?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I have all the options apart from speed limit display - I have now corrected that with a dongle from Germany, 15 seconds and the job was done.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

Do you have details of this dongle?
Macan S delivered 2nd Sept 19: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNURCB9
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

What is this magic of which you speak?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

It’s all on here. It works very well indeed.

https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8944
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
PSEE

Post by PSEE »

Will this modification work with a 2015 Turbo with PDLS+, LCA and LKA?

Thx!

:shock:
Caster

Post by Caster »

Getting CarPlay added this Thursday for £305. Decided to get a 2 yr warranty extension etc so thought would treat myself to a 1st iPhone and enjoy the satellite maps, ability to see + be notified of speed cams and use Spotify a bit more etc 👍
PS....enjoyed the big screen (bet that would cost a bit as a retrofit!) & satellite view maps on new 3.0 petrol I tried for a day but overall it just didn’t do it for me v the SD.
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

Caster wrote:Getting CarPlay added this Thursday for £305. Decided to get a 2 yr warranty extension etc so thought would treat myself to a 1st iPhone and enjoy the satellite maps, ability to see + be notified of speed cams and use Spotify a bit more etc [emoji106]
PS....enjoyed the big screen (bet that would cost a bit as a retrofit!) & satellite view maps on new 3.0 petrol I tried for a day but overall it just didn’t do it for me v the SD.
You’ll like CarPlay. Excellent piece of kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caster

Post by Caster »

Leesparky wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:29 pm
You’ll like CarPlay. Excellent piece of kit.
Thanks Leesparky - certainly going down well so far + good to see/hear speed cameras etc via Sygic 👍
Dave

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Interesting as Sygic gets a pasting on reviews ..... 'like a torch without batteries'

What is the truth?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Caster

Post by Caster »

bennachie wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:00 pm Interesting as Sygic gets a pasting on reviews ..... 'like a torch without batteries'

What is the truth?
For me it shows a bearable map screen, current speed limit (mainly right!) with current speed adjacent, ID’d visually & verbally all set speed cams near me and gives reasonable route guidance. Basically what I want 👍

Does show better on Macan than on Good Lady’s VW screen (as does Google Maps) - less info on screen. Only been trying a few days though + looking forward to comparing other systems and ideally Google Maps with integrated speed limit and camera info if it ever transpires!

As to “what is the truth” - I suspect that will vary between what you want and how it works on your particular motor. Could be worth just trying the app for its I think 5 day free trial (which I’m doing) and finding out yourself etc.
Dave