Selling my 2017 Macan SD

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

VanB wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:23 pm I’ve never historically been able to make a company car work for me financially as the owner of my own business. A BEV could change that and I’m looking closely at how the numbers work although at the moment not too keen to part with my current ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the same for me. Talking to my accountant he tells me HMRC actively dissuade company cars with the BIK they charge so as a company owner my only choices were either a Ford Ranger with no BIK as it's commercial, or to simply take a dividend, pay the tax on it, buy my own and charge the company 45p a mile for business use. At least this way I get to drive a Macan paid for with cash, and pretty much free of ongoing expenses. And when I sell it I get to keep the sale price.

Big Phil
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6

rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:59 pm

No sunroof?
Im 6 foot 3 so the sunroof reduces the roof too much and it feels claustrophobic but TBH i have never really understood sunroofs as all cars have climate controls
Tesla 3LR
Macan SD gone :-(
997 C4S gone :-(
rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

BigPhil wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:25 am
VanB wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:23 pm I’ve never historically been able to make a company car work for me financially as the owner of my own business. A BEV could change that and I’m looking closely at how the numbers work although at the moment not too keen to part with my current ride

It's the same for me. Talking to my accountant he tells me HMRC actively dissuade company cars with the BIK they charge so as a company owner my only choices were either a Ford Ranger with no BIK as it's commercial, or to simply take a dividend, pay the tax on it, buy my own and charge the company 45p a mile for business use. At least this way I get to drive a Macan paid for with cash, and pretty much free of ongoing expenses. And when I sell it I get to keep the sale price.

Big Phil
With an IC car that is true but with 0% BIK for an electric car next year its a game changer if your use profile fits the range of the cars.
Tesla 3LR
Macan SD gone :-(
997 C4S gone :-(
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Unfortunately not having a sunroof reduces your audience somewhat. I learned that sunroof and PASM are the two must haves when I was in the market. That’s not to say there isn’t someone out there who is also 6 odd foot and looking for a non sunroof car.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Kleynie wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:36 am Unfortunately not having a sunroof reduces your audience somewhat. I learned that sunroof and PASM are the two must haves when I was in the market. That’s not to say there isn’t someone out there who is also 6 odd foot and looking for a non sunroof car.
I actually specced a sunroof on the advice of the SE. I'm 6'5" and never had a problem with it. In 3 years of ownership I've opened it twice. i'm probably one of the few that's really not fussed about it.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
VanB

Post by VanB »

I sold my Macan GTS without a pano roof after 14 months and 12k Miles for 91% of purchase price so I don’t think pano roof that essential to resale!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Dartmoor

Post by Dartmoor »

Agreed, pano roof can be a negative. I didn't spec one because of the loss of headroom particularly in the rear and I am only average height.
bosm

Post by bosm »

Dartmoor wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:27 pm Agreed, pano roof can be a negative. I didn't spec one because of the loss of headroom particularly in the rear and I am only average height.
I agree with you and the earlier views of the OP, Big Phil and Van B.

I did not spec it on either of my two Macans. So clearly in my view, its neither essential for resale nor for the actual enjoyment of owning and driving what is a superb car,

Having said that, there are many on this forum who choose a spec with many options including the pano roof. So, clearly, it comes down to personal preference and view, rather than a right or wrong answer.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

You should only spec any choice based on what you want for your car. Most options have no added value after three years.

I chose the panoramic roof because of the extra light it brings to the interior and, despite having opened it no more than three times in four years, I would choose it again.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
VanB

Post by VanB »

^^^

Good advice [emoji41]

Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate