Autocar Macan Turbo Review

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 3304

Post by Deleted User 3304 »

NSinc wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:16 am
Fusion1966 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:15 pm Will be interesting to read if any other of the journos think differently. I’m happy with my S but it could do with a little more in the acceleration department
Seen these? 405BHP would be a big jump!

https://tdi-tuning.com/car/porsche/macan/s-30-petrol-quattro-349-bhp-354-ps-260-kw-500-nm-369-lbft/crtd4-sent-multi-channel-petrol-tuning-box-chip

Had a couple of these boxes from these guys before. They're well established.

Also, Did anyone else see this line in the article?

"while in terms of raw outright pace the Turbo doesn’t have as decisive performance advantage over the S as you’d hope."

Anyway, for me, i bought the S because i didn't want to stretch my budget to 80k. (My S came in at 63.5k) But had i wanted to spend that amount of money i'd have actually bought the GLC 63S over the Macan Turbo!
I have a 2018 GLC 63S and I've ordered a Macan Turbo for March 2020.
The GLC cost £85k but I got a 6% discount. Unfortunately it's depreciated terribly.
I will miss the sound of the AMG's V8 but the Macan is more exclusive and I expect will have better residuals.
I've always wanted a Porsche and this will be my first!

NSinc

Post by NSinc »

mb8388 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:31 am
Fusion1966 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:15 pm Will be interesting to read if any other of the journos think differently. I’m happy with my S but it could do with a little more in the acceleration department

https://tdi-tuning.com/car/porsche/macan/s-30-petrol-quattro-349-bhp-354-ps-260-kw-500-nm-369-lbft/crtd4-sent-multi-channel-petrol-tuning-box-chip

"while in terms of raw outright pace the Turbo doesn’t have as decisive performance advantage over the S as you’d hope."

Anyway, for me, i bought the S because i didn't want to stretch my budget to 80k. (My S came in at 63.5k) But had i wanted to spend that amount of money i'd have actually bought the GLC 63S over the Macan Turbo!
The GLC cost £85k but I got a 6% discount. Unfortunately it's depreciated terribly.
I will miss the sound of the AMG's V8 but the Macan is more exclusive and I expect will have better residuals.
Very good point actually! When i was looking at GLC's I think for the finance i was quoted a retail price of 74k and the final payment / GFV was 27k!! Sickening! I forgot about that. that was the main thing that put me off to be honest.

You're right though. The Macan looks and feels more premium for sure. Driving both back to back i preferred the feel and build quality of the Macan too....
2018 Audi RS3 480bhp (Nardo Grey)
2019 Macan S (Volcano Grey)
Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

yes I have read about the TDI tuning box and not 100% convinced a piggyback system is right for me.

I'm leaving it a few years until my warranty runs out before contemplating any performance mods but will probably upgrade to the new all electric macan by then any how!
Macan S delivered 2nd Sept 19: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNURCB9
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

mb8388 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:31 am

I am seriously considering buying the C63 S and recently spec'd one via Carwow. The list price of the car I spec'd is £85, 243 but within 30 minutes I had an offer from a Mercedes dealer with a discount of 12.1% bringing the price down to £74,934 without even haggling!

Best insurance quote I received was just over £500 fully comp and NCB protected.

I also spec'd the GLC version but the insurance was nearly double. I don't understand why that would be.

The only thing I don't like about the C63 and other variants in the C Class is that tablet stuck on the dashboard whereas the E has it built within the dash.

For a factory spec'd model Mercedes claim an order now would be delivered in December.

My preference is for the Macan GTS but I cannot get any info as to when or if it will be released.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

I bought an M5. More performance, more kit and cheaper (well at what I paid).

Its residuals are shocking versus list but no one pays near list and I imagine I will lose less over 3 or 4 years in pound note terms than if I had bought some cars with ostensibly better residuals based on list prices.... (its got a GFV of just over 50% of what I actually paid...)
JonD

Post by JonD »

Bazza06 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:37 pm Apologies if already posted:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/porsche/macan-turbo/first-drives/porsche-macan-turbo-2019-review
Also here: https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/porsche/macan-turbo/
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Rory's video review,,,,,

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver